TV Spots

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
CASE wrote:
August 9th, 2020, 6:46 am
tylerthesoapmaker wrote:
August 9th, 2020, 4:27 am
It seems to me that in scenes with reverse, all the movements of people look unnatural. It is clear that Nolan did not practice much with the actors the technique of walking and back-to-front movements. In the new video, where the foot steps into a puddle, and in the old video with the plane crash, it is perfectly clear that the actors initially go back, not forward. It doesn't look natural. They should have rehearsed more or used special effects
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I give you 10 years to make a 30 sec video of you just strolling 'naturally' backwards.
They can just use the excuse that some agents are new to inversion and aren't used to moving in reverse time "things will feel strange.. you are inverted the world is not".

KEM
I actually really like the reverse movement, I think it works perfectly fine

i actually feel that JDW`s walk out of the chamber looks really natural, or when Branagh walks towards the car gun in hand it also looks really good forwards and backwards, i guess like with any thing that involves showmanship, if you look hard enough you`ll eventually see the strings of the puppets.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
August 9th, 2020, 2:56 pm
i actually feel that JDW`s walk out of the chamber looks really natural, or when Branagh walks towards the car gun in hand it also looks really good forwards and backwards, i guess like with any thing that involves showmanship, if you look hard enough you`ll eventually see the strings of the puppets.
in the trailer, the footage is cut very well, and you don't feel any fake in most of the scenes. But in the scene from the Chinese video, where Washington walks in the port, the unnatural movements are very noticeable. Without looking closely. There will be many more such moments in the film, and I hope that they will not spoil the first viewing. But since the reverse is the main visual attraction of the film, they could have worked out the body movements more carefully

Forum Pro
I don't know...everything has looked fine to me.

To be honest, it's part of the catch for me, that all those reverse scenes look uncanny.

tylerthesoapmaker wrote:
August 9th, 2020, 4:41 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
August 9th, 2020, 2:56 pm
in the trailer, the footage is cut very well, and you don't feel any fake in most of the scenes. But in the scene from the Chinese video, where Washington walks in the port, the unnatural movements are very noticeable. Without looking closely. There will be many more such moments in the film, and I hope that they will not spoil the first viewing. But since the reverse is the main visual attraction of the film, they could have worked out the body movements more carefully
Just like I said, you have to consider the context of that one scene. That's presumably the first time JDW has experienced being inverted.. he's not used to moving around and perceiving the world around him in inverted time.

There’s no way to get perfectly natural looking movements in reverse unless you use green screen or use reversed plates and rotoscope your characters; manipulate the footage in post.

In this 51 sec Quantum Cold War TV spot put on Youtube a couple days ago, it showcases Göransson's score because the dialogue is barely audible in the mix but I enjoy this TV spot for the music.

Also, if you may not have seen this TV spot which says it has "new footage" - check out Branagh at the 44 sec mark - just look at the intensity!

KEM
dsus4gtr wrote:
August 9th, 2020, 8:37 pm
In this 51 sec Quantum Cold War TV spot put on Youtube a couple days ago, it showcases Göransson's score because the dialogue is barely audible in the mix but I enjoy this TV spot for the music.

Also, if you may not have seen this TV spot which says it has "new footage" - check out Branagh at the 44 sec mark - just look at the intensity!

That’s the music from the teaser trailer