Michael Caine joins the cast of Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Ace
Michael Caine-
“He [Nolan] is so secretive he won’t let me have the script. All I had was one day’s work and he gave me my pages. I did my part and shot only with John David. I haven’t heard anything since”
https://www.thehindu.com/entertainment ... 059162.ece

Ace wrote:
March 13th, 2020, 6:59 am
Michael Caine-
“He [Nolan] is so secretive he won’t let me have the script. All I had was one day’s work and he gave me my pages. I did my part and shot only with John David. I haven’t heard anything since”
Not surprised at all :D

Ace wrote:
Michael Caine-
Only one day of work for Caine? That's a little disappointing, there goes the theory of him being the big bad guy or whatever, means his role is likely gonna be like in Inception where he is kinda just there to help explain the main concept of the plot.

I doubt he's a main bad guy because the trailer indicates he might be one of their biggest allies.

Ace wrote:
Michael Caine-
wow

For some reason, Branagh and Caine had a joint thread lol

The emphasis on had lol

Ace
MICHAEL CAINE SCHOOLS AUBREY PLAZA ON THE ART OF BEING FAMOUS

PLAZA: So, you’re in another Christopher Nolan film.

CAINE: It was only one day of shooting. I’m his lucky charm, so if there’s no part in the movie for me, he writes one. And he pays me a lot of money.

PLAZA: No one gives me any money. How did you become Christopher Nolan’s lucky charm?

CAINE: He and I have made eight movies together that have taken in over a billion dollars, so now he won’t do a picture without me.

PLAZA: What was the first movie you did with him?

CAINE: Batman Begins. I played the butler.

PLAZA: I remember, and so does everybody else. How did you get that part?

CAINE: I was at my house in the country on a Sunday morning, and the doorbell rang, so I answered it. There was a man standing there with a script in his hand. I thought, “This must be a director.” I said, “What’s your name?” He said, “It’s Christopher Nolan.” I knew his name immediately because he’d made three brilliant movies, but they were small. And I thought, “Oh, this is great. He’s going to ask me to be in one of these small movies and it’ll be fantastic.” And then I said, “Come in,” and I gave him a cup of tea.I said, “Now, what’s the movie?” And he said, “It’s called Batman Begins.” I thought to myself, “I’m too old to play Batman, so I’m probably the butler.” So I said to him, “Am I the butler?” And he said, “Yeah, you’re the butler.”So I said,“What do I say? ‘Dinner is served? Would you like another glass of wine?’” And he said, “Michael, the butler was his foster father. His father died and the butler brought him up, so he’s very important and it’s a very good part. Read the bloody script.”

PLAZA: He’s my neighbor, so maybe if I ring his doorbell I could be in one of his movies, too.

I always love Aubrey Plaza’s energy.

Why'd Caine make the credits at the end of the trailer if he's barely in the movie?

radewart wrote:
April 9th, 2020, 8:33 pm
Why'd Caine make the credits at the end of the trailer if he's barely in the movie?
I dunno, to get more butts in the movie theatre seats? Or maybe he's bluffing and he's secretly the lead.