Trailer #1

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Hoyte > Wally. Glad he's gone at this point tbh. Dude is shooting The Tick and Taco Bell commercials now.

Bacon wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 5:51 pm
Hoyte > Wally. Glad he's gone at this point tbh. Dude is shooting The Tick and Taco Bell commercials now.
Are you kidding? This is honestly better than anything he ever did with Nolan. :P

I think this will be the toughest movie of all. I never thought that a Nolan film is "too hard" to understand, but even the stupidest time traveling stories need some brain work, and as I'm sure he wants to show us something unreal to seem very realistic, the science behind the concept will be massive. (I wonder if he worked secretly with some theoretical physicist again) I think we are going to need some warm up and it can be a big challenge not to spoil the whole world but make us, hardcore fans and even the blockbuster consumers be able to follow. "Don't try to understand it" is BS, we all want to understand what is going on. :D
When the first footages were born I started to play with Braid, which is a nice puzzle platformer video game, but it is very clever and deals with similar topics to what we have witnessed today. I can recommend it to all.

Vader182 wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 5:09 pm
This looks great, but I question how much this will hook the average viewer. The "trippy effects" are subtle and relatively easy to miss. Nothing compared to, say, the spinning hallway. That said, the tone, pace and music are killer.
I agree with this. Maybe the next trailer will show off some bigger and louder set pieces. I would be comfortable with this not putting its "hallway fight" in any of the trailers though. Keep it a secret.

Bacon wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 5:51 pm
Haha!

I all seriousness, HvH is an artist and his images feels more alive and textured to me, with the exception of Spectre..

Vader182 wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 5:09 pm
Visually, this is very nice but sometimes I do miss Wally.
Sure I miss him sometimes because what he did with films like TDK and Inception was great. But then I rewatch Interstellar and Dunkirk and I don't miss him anymore.

HvH is way better than Wally, imo.

Wally's work all started looking the same, especially going from TDK to Inception, whereas HvH's three films all have vastly different aesthetics, three completely different movies with different identities.

I think a lot of Batman Begins and The Prestige feel too similar in places, too.

"Don't try to understand it, feel it."

I just like this line a lot.

Also Robert looks so good with that haircut.
Last edited by Havoc1st on December 19th, 2019, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I adore Hoyte works in HER and TINKER TAYLOR. but for nolan type of movie which has some cold and mysterious element i think wally cinematography is better

In my opinion hoyte more suitable to drama/romantic/less action movie kind of type

One thing I noticed.

In the scene with Branagh where JDW seems to be climbing up, it looks reversed. Look at the water splashing, it splashes as he gets up. It would make sense for the water to splash if he is going down.