Trailer #1

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Pretty ballsy the way this movie is being marketed. We have a teaser, a trailer and a few minutes of the movie and ZERO synopsis. That's crazy for a movie of this budget. They are literally saying you don't need to know what it's about - you'll see it because it's great!

Saw the prologue tonight and want to help clear something up in the parts I saw with English subtitles:
The driver's in the van were not part of JDW's team: At the end, when JDW brings in the fake VIP into the van they say "It's the wrong guy" and that's why they hold him at gunpoint.
Last edited by Nomis on December 21st, 2019, 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: use spoiler tags!

With Inception, the whole story started with a "simple" corporate mission, and then the film expanded into kind of an existential story - I wonder if the same will happen with Tenet. Actually, I'm almost sure in a way, because that's what I expect from Nolan. Think of The Prestige, where the same thing happens: solid, "grounded" start, but by the end you're really in the territory of existential questions and issues.

And there's one part of the trailer that could be a hint at that:
The whole sequence with Clemence Poesy and that weird rotating chamber was edited in a way - with the music complete - to give this sort of "cosmic" twist on it, wasn't it? I do wonder if something that is worse than the nuclear holocaust could be an event on a much larger, even cosmic scale. Maybe the film's villain, or even the heroes, pose a threat to the integrity of the space-time continuum?

This might be a very obvious reading of the trailer, and I'm sure Nolan will take the whole story in a direction no one can guess, but I do wonder if there are going to be existential or even cosmic implications of this new technology.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 8:49 pm
Nomis wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 6:05 pm
This is more confusing than the trailer itself...

MyCocaine wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 4:52 pm
The shot on the train tracks has to be a nod to Stalker.

Tenet was filmed within walking distance from Stalker.

Hoyte probably made him watch it.
The flowers too reminded me heavily of Stalker.

MisterXDTV wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 7:41 am
Here's for you guys:

Trailer #2 in Blu-ray quality + the soundtrack in lossless FLAC (my encodes)

https://we.tl/t-Ukgm91VJQk
BLOWN AWAY!

Is there upscaling involved in this?

blackColumn wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 7:53 am
MisterXDTV wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 7:41 am
Here's for you guys:

Trailer #2 in Blu-ray quality + the soundtrack in lossless FLAC (my encodes)

https://we.tl/t-Ukgm91VJQk
BLOWN AWAY!

Is there upscaling involved in this?
No upscaling it was a 1080p ProRes file that I encoded in very high-bitrate H.264

MisterXDTV wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 8:19 am
No upscaling it was a 1080p ProRes file that I encoded in very high-bitrate H.264
Thank you!

blackColumn wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 8:34 am
MisterXDTV wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 8:19 am
Thank you!
My pleasure :D