Trailer #1

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
good point

The Special One wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 3:23 am
Look closely - At 1:57 into the trailer, when the SWAT guy attacks JDW, you can see ANOTHER SWAT team guy on the other side of the bullet filled glass attack Robert Pattinson at the same time.

Anyone else see this?
I've also noticed that reflection.

The Special One wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 4:14 am
Mr.Plottwist wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 3:44 am
The Special One wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 3:23 am
Look closely - At 1:57 into the trailer, when the SWAT guy attacks JDW, you can see ANOTHER SWAT team guy on the other side of the bullet filled glass attack Robert Pattinson at the same time.

Anyone else see this?
Wow, now i see it too, you really are the special one
:D Fascinating isn't it, you can see the spinning room open on the other side too, then something comes out. Possibly the very same SWAT guy in reverse time.
I saw this on reddit. The question is who stole it from who... jk

Interesting.. I've noticed something similar in the trailer as well.
At 1:06 mark you can see when the concrete door starts to open there is a light bulb (reflection?) on top left of the window, but the actual light bulb in the chamber room is not visible until 1:07. So we see the the reflection on the window before we see the actual light bulb itself also the light bulb is located way back in the chamber so is it really the reflection of the light bulb we see on the window at 1:06?

:wtf:
Last edited by always_smiling on February 1st, 2020, 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Some of you guys are watching the trailer a little too much...

radewart wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 9:38 pm
Some of you guys are watching the trailer a little too much...
Hahaha! Probably bud! but its interesting isn't it. Until the marketing kicks off in full this is all we have to play around with :P

This isn’t a new discovery. It has been discussed long ago 8-)
The glass is not that reflective. To me it looks like the other door opens as well. It happens very fast so play it back at a slower speed and you’ll see it clearly. A reflection on that glass would’ve had a much lower opacity, otherwise we would’ve seen other parts of the room reflected as well. Also, why there are no signs of JDW’s reflection?

And I don’t agree with the whole good guy/bad guy thing. JDW is literally forced in front of the “good guy” gate. (Or that’s how it is edited in the trailer).

Although I love the premise, it sounds like a return to more complex concepts in his stories which is great, I'm still kind of disappointed in how the film looks.

I'm a big fan of Hoyte's work, especially on Let the Right One In, Her, Interstellar and Ad Astra and I don't wanna say I miss Pfister at all. But there's something very ammature hour about some of the shots in this. The close ups on the train tracks seem like something I've seen from a bunch of my friends who try to be "filmmakers". I guess it might be more of a fault of set design which makes it look like it was shot on a tight budget at some abandoned yard in the middle of nowhere.

Interesting. The train track shots are probably some of my favorite shots in the trailer. The location, the lighting, the color palette - the framing adds a lot to the eerie atmosphere.

I don't believe that every shot in a film has to be very "showy" and overly "artistic". That shot at the train tracks is actually one of the more haunting images in the trailer in my opinion, and if you look at the trailer reactions, you could see that almost everyone has a strong reaction to that shot. In a way I get what LelekPL is saying, but I never felt that Nolan or Hoyte should do "more" on a visual level in their films. Also, we can be sure that a number of iconic and visually mind-blowing scenes and set pieces are expected to make an appearance in Tenet, but they are definitely not showing those in the trailers.