Trailer #1

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.

Vader182 wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 8:15 pm
Wally worked with a wider palette of color and tone on a scene to scene level that felt more overtly stylish yet naturalistic and warm. Hoyte's projects typically have a mono-aesthetic look to them. The extremely neutral look in Interstellar's space stuff, the group of greens in Dunkirk, etc. They're both wonderful, and Dunkirk is a visual masterpiece, but Hoyte's visuals are a little colder.

-Vader
+1

Oku
OK yeah, I really wish I hadn't seen the set photos, because the moment that I saw that car re-assemble, I should have went, "OH SHIT WHAT THE #**%()$#!" like so many other people seem to be doing.

Instead, the first thing that came to my mind was, "that's a reversed shot", shortly followed by "...that's it?"

So yeah, obvious lesson obviously, but BTS footage ruins the magic, people!! :oops:

Trailer is #2 trending on YouTube and has 3M views now. The comments are now up to 11.7k.

So my dude who was saying the trailer views were stuck because of Disney, will ya listen to us regulars now when we tell you these things don't update in real time? ;)

Artemis wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 12:29 am
Trailer is #2 trending on YouTube and has 3M views now. The comments are now up to 11.7k.

So my dude who was saying the trailer views were stuck because of Disney, will ya listen to us regulars now when we tell you these things don't update in real time? ;)
Impressive how does this stack up compared to other nolan trailers, Alan inception and Most recently Dunkirk?

Artemis wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 12:29 am

Impressive how does this stack up compared to other nolan trailers, ala inception and Most recently Dunkirk?

Oku
OK I just searched up "tenet" on YouTube to watch it again, and I was surpised to see that just like with Dunkirk's main trailer (#3), the 'official' upload has gotten buried under the re-uploads.

And I think I've figured out the reason? 'Cause it hit me that both times that this has happened now, it was when the thumbnail is just white text over black background.

So my guess is that YouTube's sorting algorithm rewards 'descriptive' (colorful, informative) thumbnails over a thumbnail that is just white text on black background lol

So yeah, if you're into the cheering-for-viewcount sort ofthing, (which I am not), then prepare to be disappointed hard, because the viewcount is going to be splintered across multiple re-uploads by third-party channels.

For comparison, search "wonder woman" (don't even need the "1984" part) and you get WB's official upload right at the top, which is ideally how it should also be for Tenet.

Oku wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 12:51 am
OK I just searched up "tenet" on YouTube to watch it again, and I was surpised to see that just like with Dunkirk's main trailer (#3), the 'official' upload has gotten buried under the re-uploads.

And I think I've figured out the reason? 'Cause it hit me that both times that this has happened now, it was when the thumbnail is just white text over black background.

So my guess is that YouTube's sorting algorithm rewards 'descriptive' (colorful, informative) thumbnails over a thumbnail that is just white text on black background lol

So yeah, if you're into the cheering-for-viewcount sort ofthing, (which I am not), then prepare to be disappointed hard, because the viewcount is going to be splintered across multiple re-uploads by third-party channels.

For comparison, search "wonder woman" (don't even need the "1984" part) and you get WB's official upload right at the top, which is ideally how it should also be for Tenet.
Yeah I noticed that too. Didn't know it can be because of the thumbnail. :roll: :roll: the WB video should be on the top otherwise it's going to underperform in terms of view count.

LMAO People are talking about Trailer #2 like they have already seen it. But very few actually know

IT HASN'T HAPPENED YET

poplar wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 4:28 pm
While I really liked this trailer, few of my friends feel absolutely nothing after watching it. For them it looked generic as hell.
While I don't agree with them at all, this can be a problem for Box Office for Tenet.
Get new friends.