Trailer #1

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
DHOPW42 wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 5:04 am
With Inception, the whole story started with a "simple" corporate mission, and then the film expanded into kind of an existential story - I wonder if the same will happen with Tenet. Actually, I'm almost sure in a way, because that's what I expect from Nolan. Think of The Prestige, where the same thing happens: solid, "grounded" start, but by the end you're really in the territory of existential questions and issues.

And there's one part of the trailer that could be a hint at that:
The whole sequence with Clemence Poesy and that weird rotating chamber was edited in a way - with the music complete - to give this sort of "cosmic" twist on it, wasn't it? I do wonder if something that is worse than the nuclear holocaust could be an event on a much larger, even cosmic scale. Maybe the film's villain, or even the heroes, pose a threat to the integrity of the space-time continuum?

This might be a very obvious reading of the trailer, and I'm sure Nolan will take the whole story in a direction no one can guess, but I do wonder if there are going to be existential or even cosmic implications of this new technology.
I couldn't help but think back to Nolan's own words in regards to this:
We’re jumping off from the point of view of an espionage film, but we’re going to a number of different places. We’re crossing a few different genres in a hopefully exciting and fresh way.
No doubt we're in for some crazy twists and turns.

JohnnyTheKid wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 12:33 pm
blackColumn wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 10:26 am
Hope Nolan makes a movie that's even better than Russo brothers' one day.
Why do you compare dunkirk to kid movie like Endgame?

you dont give the whole information completly..
Yeahhh..look at critic rating on Rotten Tomattoes dunkirk has higher rating than Endgame.
Avg rating Dunkirk = 8.67
Avg rating Endgame = 8.27

Metacritic score:
Dunkirk: 94
Endgame: 78
i apreciate the sentiment of hte post, but the "Endgay" part is really 2012 and juvenile mate, theres no need.

SCORPIO16 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 1:19 pm
While watching the trailer, this scene caught my attention when Clémence Poésy says to JDW, "As I understand it, we are trying to prevent world war 3". Besides her, there was a rotary dial telephone. I mean this type of telephone set is not used anymore. Does this mean that the scene was from a past timeline? maybe a recent past?
Great catch !

I've somehow restrained myself to only watching this a few times now. Between this and the prologue (saw in theaters), this movie just looks so damn cool. How does Nolan keep delivering with these crazy concepts?

It looks like that corridor with the
large rock/wall in the middle is a training station for learning how to manipulate time. It's riddled with bullet holes, so they might be practicing how to reverse bullets back into their guns there.

MMatt wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 4:37 pm
large rock/wall in the middle is a training station for learning how to manipulate time. It's riddled with bullet holes, so they might be practicing how to reverse bullets back into their guns there.
Yeah I agree

I honestly think this is another version of Inception. Whereas inception was about dreams, this one will be all about time. Will be interesting to see what Nolan does with it.

So the location where JDW meets Michael Caine's character is called the Reform Club. It seems like Nolan did use both exterior and interior shots at the same location. Because the shot of JDW from behind walking up the stairs matches the pic on the website.

Website
Google Maps location

1:06 to 1:10 of the trailer u can see the guard with his gun drawn and JDW sort of freaking out. Makes me wonder if that rotating device is a device for time travel...and they are sending someone back who is about to unexpectedly get killed in front of JDW.

MMatt wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 4:37 pm
Fascinating