Trailer #1

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Will this beat Dunkirks trailer views? That is currently 41mill 266k likes. While Tenet is at 4mill with 171k likes in 13 hours or so...

Tenetdrome wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 3:46 am
blackColumn wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 3:37 am
Not that I care about them, but critics are not going to be a fan of this movie.

They take everything so seriously that they miss out on the subtle tension that audience so much enjoys.
They’ve been itching for an excuse to go after Nolan, but what can they really do but murmur nonsense when he makes such beautifully crafted films? When Dunkirk came out they went with “hmm, why are British soldiers white?” and with Tenet it’ll be “hmm, Inception was kind of like this.” Fuck ‘em! WB is willing to put $300 on Nolan’s name for good reason.
Fake News! Dunkirk achieved critical acclaim. 94% on Metacritic and 93% on Rotten Tomatoes. The only ones whining about race and gender in Dunkirk were a loud political minority mostly on twitter.

People need to ignore these silly right wing incels and liberal sjw‘s with their pseudo critism on movies. These people don‘t care for movies

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Budget - $300M

Box Office - $1B

The Dark Knight (2008)

Budget - $185M

Box Office - $1B

With inflation adjusted - TDK >>TDKR

Likewise, if Tenet does Inception numbers and that too after a decade : Inception>>Tenet

Again remember, Tenet is made on a budget of $225M unlike only $160M for Inception.

We can say anything on this forum but that's the only thing studios are looking at.

These hard figures are what matter to studio execs, not the concepts, storyline or reviews.

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 4:08 am
Tenetdrome wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 3:46 am
blackColumn wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 3:37 am
Not that I care about them, but critics are not going to be a fan of this movie.

They take everything so seriously that they miss out on the subtle tension that audience so much enjoys.
They’ve been itching for an excuse to go after Nolan, but what can they really do but murmur nonsense when he makes such beautifully crafted films? When Dunkirk came out they went with “hmm, why are British soldiers white?” and with Tenet it’ll be “hmm, Inception was kind of like this.” Fuck ‘em! WB is willing to put $300 on Nolan’s name for good reason.
Fake News! Dunkirk achieved critical acclaim. 94% on Metacritic and 93% on Rotten Tomatoes. The only ones whining about race and gender in Dunkirk were a loud political minority mostly on twitter.

People need to ignore these silly right wing incels and liberal sjw‘s with their pseudo critism on movies. These people don‘t care for movies
That’s an important distinction. I think his films will continue to be critically acclaimed as long as the craftsmanship is there.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 10:00 pm
raimibonn wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 8:52 pm
Overrated? Hahah tell that to Roger Deakins
Hey man, i know my Roger deakins lol, but i never find Roger going for "the beauty shots", or gratuitous camera movements, the beauty of his work lies in other places.
Thanks, man. I appreciate it.

What are y'all talking about? Critics love Nolan and they always have. There is no need to hate critics. Anytime they see a movie, they wanna love it as much as you want to love it. Watching movies is their job and they want to have a good day at work.

Some of y'all need to chill.

Artemis wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 6:11 am
What are y'all talking about? Critics love Nolan and they always have. There is no need to hate critics. Anytime they see a movie, they wanna love it as much as you want to love it. Watching movies is their job and they want to have a good day at work.

Ah they didn't love Interstellar.

There were complaints about the "Time runs out" tagline. Someone on reddit pointed out that if you reverse it, it becomes "Outruns time" (picture in the spoiler tag). Maybe JDW needs to outrun time because "Time has come for a new protagonist".

Maximillian wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 6:14 am
Artemis wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 6:11 am

Ah they didn't love Interstellar.
Oh you mean 72% Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes Interstellar? 74 Metacritic score Interstellar?

tafnf wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 6:15 am
There were complaints about the "Time runs out" tagline. Someone on reddit pointed out that if you reverse it, it becomes "Outruns time" (picture in the spoiler tag). Maybe JDW needs to outrun time because "Time has come for a new protagonist".
People dabbing on a tagline doesn't mean critics are gonna dab on this movie.