Trailer #2

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
blackColumn wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 9:02 am
Got my hopes high..
Your hopes? You literally tried to troll us not too long ago.

I think a new trailer only makes sense if they got a final release date. i.e. whenever the trailer comes it's probably really close to theaters opening

Or they should put: "only in cinemas, sometime soon, we hope... lol?" at the end of the trailer

Oku
speedy117 wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 9:29 am
blackColumn wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 9:02 am
Got my hopes high..
Your hopes? You literally tried to troll us not too long ago.
LMAO

Desperate times make people do desperate things, I guess :lol:

Nomis wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 9:49 am
I think a new trailer only makes sense if they got a final release date. i.e. whenever the trailer comes it's probably really close to theaters opening

Or they should put: "only in cinemas, sometime soon, we hope... lol?" at the end of the trailer
Yeah, in normal times, a trailer release is based on the fact that the release date is 99.9% locked, and releasing said trailer serves to build marketing momentum towards a big opening weekend on said release date.

But these are times where everything could be seemingly going smoothly and out of nowhere bam, a huge spike in cases, and boom, a release date delay.

In such a scenario filled with that much uncertainty, it is impossible to reliably build towards a big opening weekend, so it makes sense to release the final trailer as late as possible and hope for word-of-mouth to get long legs.

I'm just glad people realize someone is a troll.

Still wondering about a new trailer. WB doesn’t want to spends millions of this gets pushed back. If they wait to long it could not build up hype. WB probably wish they released the first teaser online. Maybe told little more about the plot of movie in the December trailer

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 2:02 pm
Still wondering about a new trailer. WB doesn’t want to spends millions of this gets pushed back. If they wait to long it could not build up hype. WB probably wish they released the first teaser online. Maybe told little more about the plot of movie in the December trailer
Why? Nolan's trailer doesn't give much about the plot of the story anyway.
But I do agree that is unlikely that trailers will be released now that the release date is not even rock solid. It makes momentum building for the hype train so difficult.

i bet we gonna have it by may 10th

Trailer is not coming.
There are really more important things going on in the world.

Thank god nothing happened while I was at work. :P

Just a hunch but I see them holding off on a trailer until June, just to see if theaters opening by June/July is realistic by that point.