Tenet's Cinematography

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
MyCocaine wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 3:06 pm
Hoytema really outdid himself.

Interstellar looks disgusting in comparison.
Harsh words maybe, but I agree that Tenet looks stunning as shit.

Interstellar is gorgeous - but Tenet is on a whole ‘nother level.

That sweet 65mm film with a talented DOP like Hoyte...

Fuck off guys :blank:

Guys How is tenet cinematography compared to HvH previous works for example SPECTRE??..since both has same genre (spy-action)

Apperantly the delay and extra month of post production allowed Nolan to cut the 570 and 1570 prints using the original negative. On the way now to Ft Lauderdale to see it on 1570. This is going to be mind blowing in full uncompressed resolution and analog color.

Pablo michel wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 4:03 pm
Guys How is tenet cinematography compared to HvH previous works for example SPECTRE??..since both has same genre (spy-action)
Not even comparable in my opinion. A whole different world.
It seems like they had to play it "safe" for bond. What Hoyte does with the IMAX cameras is just incredible. Oscar nomination almost guaranteed but who wins in the end is always like playing lottery. DUNE will definitely be gorgeous but we will just have to wait and see.

Now that I have seen it on IMAX 70mm and Xneon, the pure analog process looks much better. The photochemical color grading especially in the red room/blue room scene is most notícienle. The red room in Xneon had muddy colors and contrast.

Interstellar and Dunkirk look far better to me, tho I got to see them in real imax

No *major* spoilers
Disappointed there was no noticeable time ramping as some and I thought after a interview. Those time ramped shots are some of my favorite in Inception

This is pure personal taste: I dont like the wider angle look. Its naturally less filmy...

I think the wide angles hurt the airplane scene because you never really feel how big the airplane is it rarely exceeds the frame. it just looks small, and the cars it crashes into look like toys

DarkChocolateOreo wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 5:33 am
Interstellar and Dunkirk look far better to me, tho I got to see them in real imax

No *major* spoilers
Disappointed there was no noticeable time ramping as some and I thought after a interview. Those time ramped shots are some of my favorite in Inception

This is pure personal taste: I dont like the wider angle look. Its naturally less filmy...

I think the wide angles hurt the airplane scene because you never really feel how big the airplane is it rarely exceeds the frame. it just looks small, and the cars it crashes into look like toys
Agreed

MyCocaine wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 3:06 pm
Hoytema really outdid himself.

Interstellar looks disgusting in comparison.
Eh I definitely wouldn’t agree. I wasn’t that impressed by the look of the cinematography. Although the work behind the visuals was certainly impressive. Dunkirk is still his best work on a Nolan film IMO.

I’d love to see Nolan worth with Linus Sandgren (La La Land, No Time To Die).