Tenet's Cinematography

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
good interview, thanks for posting

CASE wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 10:52 am
This pic has such a potential for the memes thread :oops:
Anyone remember the fuss about "The Cone" from the TDKR days? :lol:

hotsauce32 wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 3:20 pm
CASE wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 10:52 am
This pic has such a potential for the memes thread :oops:
Anyone remember the fuss about "The Cone" from the TDKR days? :lol:
Indeed we do, it seems Hoyte was always a fan, and is getting a little too comfortable with it.

What is the point of the cone?

marshallmurphy wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 8:44 pm
if i remember correctly, it was around the time of the shooting of Rises, we where getting quite a few set photos and footage, but we where really eager to speculate about the plot, so much so that people jokingly started speculating from a pic of some cones in the street from one of the locations, that maybe the cones where a key plot point, the joke came back a couple of months ago from a photo in the Estonia set, and thats it really.

Forum Pro
For you guys who are really into cinematography and have more knowledge about it than I do, what do you think of JDW’s skin tone in the trailers? I know trailers aren’t the best indicators of the complete look of a film but it’s all we have to go on currently.

marshallmurphy wrote:
It's for delineating certain boundaries in the filming process like for safety purposes etc

dragon_phoenix wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 7:06 pm
marshallmurphy wrote:
It's for delineating certain boundaries in the filming process like for safety purposes etc
that's exactly what they want you to think!

Joshua Strong wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 6:57 pm
For you guys who are really into cinematography and have more knowledge about it than I do, what do you think of JDW’s skin tone in the trailers? I know trailers aren’t the best indicators of the complete look of a film but it’s all we have to go on currently.
i feel Tenet is so far the most consistent looking nolan film between trailers, looking back on the older trailers (inception/tdkr/interstellar) all the trailers seem to vary quite a bit in terms of color grading, in the final color timing they seem to always push the red on the skin tones, Dunkirk being an exception, but i feel they will keep the metal tone-greenish colors in the final version for Tenet aswell.