Prologue

An original action espionage film releasing in IMAX on August 12, 2020
User avatar
Posts: 495
Joined: December 2010
Location: Japan
Late to the party but had the chance to finally see it yesterday for the rerelease of TDK in IMAX here in Japan!

As many pointed out already, the score was really the highlight of the whole thing. Fucking blew me away. Definitely picked up more small details compared to the bootleg we've all seen, especially loved how
the inverted bullet hole showed smoke blowing in reverse before it got shot backwards
. Amazing prologue :clap:

KEM
Posts: 529
Joined: December 2019
Showed the prologue to my friends the other day when we were hanging out at my house, they thought it was extremely entertaining and loved it but they were also very confused and had no idea what was going on lol

User avatar
Uno
Posts: 166
Joined: August 2019
Location: Norway
Flutterby wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 1:04 am
Late to the party but had the chance to finally see it yesterday for the rerelease of TDK in IMAX here in Japan!

As many pointed out already, the score was really the highlight of the whole thing. Fucking blew me away. Definitely picked up more small details compared to the bootleg we've all seen, especially loved how
the inverted bullet hole showed smoke blowing in reverse before it got shot backwards
. Amazing prologue :clap:
Lucky you! I've only experienced the prologue one time in the theaters back in 2019. I wanted to see it again during the re-release of his films, but they didn't show it. :cry:

Posts: 163
Joined: July 2012
Flutterby wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 1:04 am
Late to the party but had the chance to finally see it yesterday for the rerelease of TDK in IMAX here in Japan!

As many pointed out already, the score was really the highlight of the whole thing. Fucking blew me away. Definitely picked up more small details compared to the bootleg we've all seen, especially loved how
the inverted bullet hole showed smoke blowing in reverse before it got shot backwards
. Amazing prologue :clap:
So lucky! How many people went to the theater? Did you feel safe going?

User avatar
Posts: 495
Joined: December 2010
Location: Japan
geozou1 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 6:00 pm
So lucky! How many people went to the theater? Did you feel safe going?
Around 12 people, us included :lol: Around 300 seats I'd say? Felt as usual tbh, every other two seats are blocked, they take your temperature at the entrance with a camera (even though it's bullshit) and require people to wear a mask. An employee came regularly during the movie, to check if everything was respected I think.

KEM
Posts: 529
Joined: December 2019
Flutterby wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 11:34 pm
geozou1 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 6:00 pm
So lucky! How many people went to the theater? Did you feel safe going?
Around 12 people, us included :lol: Around 300 seats I'd say? Felt as usual tbh, every other two seats are blocked, they take your temperature at the entrance with a camera (even though it's bullshit) and require people to wear a mask. An employee came regularly during the movie, to check if everything was respected I think.
That does not sound fun at all

User avatar
Posts: 495
Joined: December 2010
Location: Japan
KEM wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 12:44 am
That does not sound fun at all
I'd take not sounding fun and 200 new cases of Covid19 a day over "fun" with 50000+ :roll:

Posts: 15
Joined: July 2020
KEM wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 12:44 am
Flutterby wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 11:34 pm
geozou1 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 6:00 pm
So lucky! How many people went to the theater? Did you feel safe going?
Around 12 people, us included :lol: Around 300 seats I'd say? Felt as usual tbh, every other two seats are blocked, they take your temperature at the entrance with a camera (even though it's bullshit) and require people to wear a mask. An employee came regularly during the movie, to check if everything was respected I think.
That does not sound fun at all
Lmao what? Do you go to the cinema to watch movies or to listen to other people make noise because they can't behave?

KEM
Posts: 529
Joined: December 2019
reb burner wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 2:49 am
KEM wrote:
July 16th, 2020, 12:44 am
Flutterby wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 11:34 pm


Around 12 people, us included :lol: Around 300 seats I'd say? Felt as usual tbh, every other two seats are blocked, they take your temperature at the entrance with a camera (even though it's bullshit) and require people to wear a mask. An employee came regularly during the movie, to check if everything was respected I think.
That does not sound fun at all
Lmao what? Do you go to the cinema to watch movies or to listen to other people make noise because they can't behave?
I go to watch the movie, and I know from personal experience that someone coming in and out of the theater often is very distracting, I love when theaters don’t have anyone in them, I don’t even see movies with other people cause I hate when someone tries to bother me during a movie

User avatar
Posts: 80
Joined: June 2020
Location: ɐpɐuɐƆ
Flutterby wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 1:04 am
had the chance to finally see it yesterday for the rerelease of TDK in IMAX here in Japan!
Japan is doing this again with Dunkirk on July 31st.
https://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/tenetmovi ... 0200731001

This is good and bad news.
-Good because you get to see both the 6-minute prologue and Dunkirk in IMAX cinemas again. :thumbup:
-Bad news because I just can't see them releasing Inception with the new exclusive footage from Tenet on July 31st as well. :thumbdown: (http://www.sensacine.com/noticias/cine/ ... -18583419/ )
Maybe Japan won't get it?

Post Reply