Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
They show the prologue even here in Bulgaria.... wtf. This is the first time they show Nolan's prologue here.

Is there still any chance someone could pm the leaked prologue? i'm dying here

DHOPW42 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 4:21 am
I agree that it's incomprehensible but - weirdly - I don't think that it works against the effect it wants to have on you. There's so much going on in it in such a condensed way, it's really an energy bomb. There's no time to breath, really, everything just moves forward as fast as hell, and it really got me when I was watching it (the bootleg). And I got tons of questions after seeing it, but... I guess that is kind of the point. I'm not sure how it will play out in the context of the film, but right now I really feel it as opposed to understanding it, if you see what I did there. And... I really enjoy looking at it and experiencing it over and over again. It's one of the more intense action scenes Nolan has directed, if not already in Top 3 for me - it's surreal how intense and fast-paced and truly gripping it is.
This! I felt the same watching it. I can't describe it.

It kind of adopts that experiential, in-the-moment tension and suspense Nolan managed to create in Dunkirk.

Maximillian wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 5:17 am
DHOPW42 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 4:21 am
I agree that it's incomprehensible but - weirdly - I don't think that it works against the effect it wants to have on you. There's so much going on in it in such a condensed way, it's really an energy bomb. There's no time to breath, really, everything just moves forward as fast as hell, and it really got me when I was watching it (the bootleg). And I got tons of questions after seeing it, but... I guess that is kind of the point. I'm not sure how it will play out in the context of the film, but right now I really feel it as opposed to understanding it, if you see what I did there. And... I really enjoy looking at it and experiencing it over and over again. It's one of the more intense action scenes Nolan has directed, if not already in Top 3 for me - it's surreal how intense and fast-paced and truly gripping it is.
This! I felt the same watching it. I can't describe it.
Like something insidious is going on but you don't know what. The subtlety of it relaxes you in an odd way.

But... it's... a movie.

DHOPW42 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 6:23 am
But... it's... a movie.
People bitch about eveything in this era. I kinda had a feeling this would happen, I mean to be fair Nolan could've chose something else to show before a "Disney" movie

That audiences are unnerved with a scene from a PG13 movie is in itself remarkable.

Netflix keeps showing 18+ blood and gore and yet nobody bats an eye anymore (it lost its novelity over time). Same with Deadpool 2 - after a while you just don't care.

Fear is subtle.

blackColumn wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 6:42 am
That audiences are unnerved with a scene from a PG13 movie is in itself remarkable.

Netflix keeps showing 18+ blood and gore and yet nobody bats an eye anymore (it lost its novelity over time). Same with Deadpool 2 - after a while you just don't care.

Fear is subtle.
Well, the question of perception of violence in movies is not this one-sided, so there's a lot to this to explore and discuss - but I still find it pretty weird that anyone would genuinely be stressed out by a terrorist scene in a movie that is shown in an IMAX theatre - a place you only visit to experience films in the largest and loudest way possible.