Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Forum Pro
Law
gropercity wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 11:09 pm
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 8:20 pm
Calling antovolk to give us a precise answer regarding when we will see the prologue and trailer
No one knows if there's a trailer yet. We only know there'll be a prologue on December 19th with Star Wars. You will see the prologue December 19th evening with star wars. If a regular trailer exists you'll see it at the same time with non-IMAX showings of star wars.
This is more than likely happening

Law wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 11:23 pm
gropercity wrote:
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
Calling antovolk to give us a precise answer regarding when we will see the prologue and trailer
No one knows if there's a trailer yet. We only know there'll be a prologue on December 19th with Star Wars. You will see the prologue December 19th evening with star wars. If a regular trailer exists you'll see it at the same time with non-IMAX showings of star wars.
This is more than likely happening
Sure it's most likely there will be a trailer. Unless there is some weird reason for not having a standard trailer. Who knows. The fact that no teaser went online means there must be something different about how this is marketed. It's all speculation. But yes if it's the standard Nolan/WB marketing from here on out there will be a trailer along with the prologue.

quervo wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 7:36 pm
gropercity wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 6:22 pm
Why on earth are people going on about this? There is no new footage in that clip. It's a shot from the teaser we've all already seen and that's it. Regarding the prologue we won't hear anything until 2-3 days before the first showing of Star Wars.
I'm looking for new footages even in my lunch. :D Every time I see there's a new comment here, the hope rises. I can't remember how I felt back in 2011/12 and 2013/14, but somehow I feel this hype train is even bigger than the ones before TDKR and Interstellar. Something tells me this movie is about to be some kind of new standard in movie making, so I'm very excited about the chance of screenshots or short footages, and I think I'm not alone with this, we desperately want to see something.
Now I accept there's nothing new. There's no chance the prologue will be shown in this shithole (which is my country), so I'll probably spend all my time here next week seeking the bootleg.
"The fire rises"

gropercity wrote:
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
i could see that

Mahiya_Borden wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 7:19 pm
Aren't Nolan trailers generally only theater available on opening weekend and then released online on Monday?
That's what was the case for Inception, TDK and TDKR I believe. Rises trailer 3, the Interstellar and Dunkirk campaigns were mostly online on or just before when it hit cinemas. Tenet is only exception with teaser remaining cinemas only.

Anyway, what we know for now - prologue is happening (from first US shows on evening of 19th at least, hopefully they'll let it play with earlier SW shows in the UK etc.), venues TBC since for Dunkirk it wasn't all showings everywhere, even Stateside. Trailer should as always be alongside the prologue - the Tenet campaign timing wise has been like clockwork, like Nolan's other films - but I will say that I am hearing it will indeed be cinemas first and won't be online before Star Wars.

Damn it. So 19-20th at the earliest? Hope at least it drops online immediately then.

Just arrived home from the Dunkirk 70mm IMAX screening at the BFI last night. Love that place! No prologue- but we did get the teaser, second advert in.

:thumbup:

RrobynneUK wrote:
December 11th, 2019, 8:15 pm
Just arrived home from the Dunkirk 70mm IMAX screening at the BFI last night. Love that place! No prologue- but we did get the teaser, second advert in.
Why would you expect the prologue there? It's exclusively with Star Wars starting December 19th

gropercity wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 2:28 am
Why would you expect the prologue there? It's exclusively with Star Wars starting December 19th
I saw the Dunkirk prologue with a rerun of Interstellar on 1570, just days after the prologue was released.