Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Vader182 wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 5:16 pm
I saw the Dunkirk prologue (and the whole movie, at re-release) in laser. This will be the same probably.

-Vader
I'm glad you saw the whole movie and not like, half of it or a quarter or something

For every movie I see, I only watch the first ten minutes and the last ten minutes.

save so much time and I get the gist of the whole movie.

Nomis wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 5:26 pm
Vader182 wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 5:16 pm
I saw the Dunkirk prologue (and the whole movie, at re-release) in laser. This will be the same probably.

-Vader
I'm glad you saw the whole movie and not like, half of it or a quarter or something
the whole movie as opposed to merely the prologue, yes lol

i saw it the first time in IMAX 70mm tho

-Vader

Artemis wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 5:28 pm
For every movie I see, I only watch the first ten minutes and the last ten minutes.

save so much time and I get the gist of the whole movie.
:lol:

@Vader: lolol :P

I wonder if the tagline could be using the phrase "new protagonist" to hint at a kind of dominant or controlling position that Washington and Pattinson's characters are vying for in some way. If that's the case, then it would be neat if a second teaser were released that focused just on Pattinson... but with images from the first teaser flipped. Have Pattinson standing alone behind the glass like Washington, but instead of bullet holes, we only see Pattinson holding a gun. We still see Pattinson in an oxygen mask at the very end, but the title spins in the opposite direction.

Basically, we'd have two teasers complementing and mirroring each other in suggestive ways, with each focusing on a different character. The second teaser could be released in October or something to let the hype around the first teaser die down before blowing everyone's minds with an inverse version of it. Then release the full length trailer in December with Star Wars.

Janky Sam wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 8:43 pm
I wonder if the tagline could be using the phrase "new protagonist" to hint at a kind of dominant or controlling position that Washington and Pattinson's characters are vying for in some way. If that's the case, then it would be neat if a second teaser were released that focused just on Pattinson... but with images from the first teaser flipped. Have Pattinson standing alone behind the glass like Washington, but instead of bullet holes, we only see Pattinson holding a gun. We still see Pattinson in an oxygen mask at the very end, but the title spins in the opposite direction.

Basically, we'd have two teasers complementing and mirroring each other in suggestive ways, with each focusing on a different character. The second teaser could be released in October or something to let the hype around the first teaser die down before blowing everyone's minds with an inverse version of it. Then release the full length trailer in December with Star Wars.
This would be amazing and now I'll be mad if it doesn't happen.

I love that we only got to see JDW in the teaser trailer, I hope each trailer will really put him front and centre.

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 5:07 pm
Innovator wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 4:08 pm
If the shoot duration is indeed 7 months, do we think they can have a prologue ready in December?

Seems kind of ambitious, but I guess the same thing happened with TDKR, so it's possible.
It should be ready. I guess it matters when the prologue is filmed. But the prologue should be done.
Hope you're right

fwiw the only things that weren't quite done with TDK/TDKR*-prologue were the color timing/grading and Bane's voice, respectively. Other than that they're exactly the same in the films.

Dunkirk prologue is something different, since it takes up some 15 or 17 minutes in the film and those last few shots are from a whole different scene in the film.

*those shots after the prologue were all exactly the same in the film right?

Can't wait for the prologue/trailer in December!