Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
pk12 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 10:12 pm
I watched the prologue again and noticed that the mysterious masked guy who saves JDW at the end has a small backpack, possibly carrying the time manipulation device?.. I remember the set photos where JDW carried backpack dressed up as firefighter and he used some device on the roof of the truck during the car chase sequence.
i could buy that, but
i feel like the time manipulation device is the one we see in the trailer at 1:06, that huge door opening with the red and blue lights (wich is the craziest lighting i`ve seen in a nolan movie so far btw) and i also bet that the machine is located on the Eagle mountain set we say a few weeks ago

Bacon wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 7:49 pm
Bacon wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 7:43 pm
This is my best summary of what happens in the prologue:
Terrorists come in, real SWATs come in, fake SWATs (JDW's team) sneak in with real SWATs. Real SWATs knock out citizens with gas, real SWATs start planting bombs. JDW and his team sneak VIP/POI out and JDW says the raid is a stage so they (most likely real SWATs?) can vanish the VIP (kill him). JDW is saving him from the raid. On the way out, he gets found out and he realizes the real SWATs are going to blow up the building. A fake SWAT saves him and JDW starts grabbing all the bombs to save them even though his fellow fake SWATs say it's not part of his mission. JDW is about to be shot by a real SWAT and is saved by a mysterious SWAT, who somehow reverses time to JDW's surprise, that is not one of the fake SWATs in JDW's team. JDW successfully makes it out with VIP and VIP's helper, only to get stopped by someone in the van.
Just curious....
Why does the real SWAT that is about to kill JDW, say "we don't have to kill all these people?" If that's the plan to begin with? Did that real SWAT have a change of heart?

God ROS was awful, can't believe I sat through that, what's worse is that they didn't even Show the damn prologue!!! Not even the new trailer..on the teaser. I was soooooo damn disappointed

The Prologue was the best thing in my second viewing of TROS.

geozou1 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 10:53 pm
Bacon wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 7:49 pm
Bacon wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 7:43 pm
This is my best summary of what happens in the prologue:
Terrorists come in, real SWATs come in, fake SWATs (JDW's team) sneak in with real SWATs. Real SWATs knock out citizens with gas, real SWATs start planting bombs. JDW and his team sneak VIP/POI out and JDW says the raid is a stage so they (most likely real SWATs?) can vanish the VIP (kill him). JDW is saving him from the raid. On the way out, he gets found out and he realizes the real SWATs are going to blow up the building. A fake SWAT saves him and JDW starts grabbing all the bombs to save them even though his fellow fake SWATs say it's not part of his mission. JDW is about to be shot by a real SWAT and is saved by a mysterious SWAT, who somehow reverses time to JDW's surprise, that is not one of the fake SWATs in JDW's team. JDW successfully makes it out with VIP and VIP's helper, only to get stopped by someone in the van.
Just curious....
Why does the real SWAT that is about to kill JDW, say "we don't have to kill all these people?" If that's the plan to begin with? Did that real SWAT have a change of heart?
JDW says it. The real SWAT does not.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 10:49 pm
pk12 wrote:
I watched the prologue again and noticed that the mysterious masked guy who saves JDW at the end has a small backpack, possibly carrying the time manipulation device?.. I remember the set photos where JDW carried backpack dressed up as firefighter and he used some device on the roof of the truck during the car chase sequence.
i could buy that, but
i feel like the time manipulation device is the one we see in the trailer at 1:06, that huge door opening with the red and blue lights (wich is the craziest lighting i`ve seen in a nolan movie so far btw) and i also bet that the machine is located on the Eagle mountain set we say a few weeks ago
:o I haven't even thought about that. Nice one!
I did not pay attention to that round massive door... I just thought it's... Door :lol:. It indeed seems to be some massive spinning chamber which would perfectly match time travelling technology design in a Nolan world

pk12 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 11:08 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
pk12 wrote:
i could buy that, but
I did not pay attention to that round massive door... I just thought it's... Door :lol:. It indeed seems to be some massive spinning chamber which would perfectly match time travelling technology design in a Nolan world
Remember this set pic ? i think the scene i was talking about takes place below this "thing" Image
turns out i dont know how to upload images :c

Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 11:18 pm
pk12 wrote:
Nicolaslabra wrote:

i could buy that, but
Remember this set pic ? i think the scene i was talking about takes place below this "thing" Image
Haha same for me :lol: yea I think I know which one you mean,
that hill/desert area with massive concrete foundation-like structures

pk12 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 11:30 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
pk12 wrote:

yes, and in the middle of it all, theres a circle shaped hole of sorts with wich i can only describe as a closed flower like structure in the middle, i wish i could describe it better, you can still find it on google, you will know what i mean, i think hehe

pk12 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 11:30 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
pk12 wrote:

Yea I just quickly jumped back into the Set photos thread and checked it (around page 124)..
Now I am wondering if that massive structure is time machine... Then it would most likely serve to transport people back in time...days, decades... But I think there is still some smaller time manipulation device which would cause small reversals of specific events.