Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Law wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 5:49 pm
Seeing this on Monday in NYC.. Lincoln square confirmed to have it.
That's good to know. I'm going there tomorrow.

In Michigan we have this thing called super Emax(94 feet wide, 48 feet tall), it's the largest screen in the midwest, it isn't really IMAX but a massive screen. I'm seeing ROS tomorrow and I'm having a feeling they won't have it. Just a hunch.

Here
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep. ... /952862001
There's two now, one in Novi Michigan and one in Canton, Michigan

If it's not an IMAX branded theater, it won't have it. It doesn't have to do with screen size.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 4:08 pm
Bacon wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 3:35 pm
He doesn't.
He watches it happen. The soldier that runs off controlled it.
The quality is so low I couldn’t tell but still
how can they control it? Rewinding a singular event through time and space without affecting the environment around them entirely.
That's what we're trying to figure out.
JDW looked confused when it happens, similar to him in the car in the trailer. People are mistaking the confusion for him controlling it. Whoever that mysterious soldier is was able to purposefully manipulate time to save JDW and then ran off. I think it's the US govt (or whoever Patts/Donovan works for) having a plant watching JDW's performance or something.
Also, why are we spoiler tagging the Prologue when this is the Prologue thread?

Bacon wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 6:02 pm
If it's not an IMAX branded theater, it won't have it. It doesn't have to do with screen size.
Yeah, it'll probably only be the new trailer then. I'll have to rebook it another time at a branded IMAX theater like AMC(all the good ones are far as heck tho).

I thought the prologue was underwhelming compared Nolan's standard
Last edited by Fallon on December 20th, 2019, 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fallon wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 6:05 pm
I thought the prologue was underwhelming by Nolan's standards
You're not the first on the forum to feel that way. Interesting nonetheless!

I'm seeing a good bit of people talking about how frustrated they were by the showing of the prologue because they had to wait extra time to see Star Wars. Someone I know compared it to the Frozen Olaf short that played in front of an animated movie a while ago, but that was a *20 minute* short rather than a 6 minute exclusive prologue...

Idk seems like the wrong reason to complain, especially since Dunkirk had one with Rogue One.

The prologue is brilliant. The rhythm is just right and the intensity is off the charts.

The reel following the title card is also perfectly executed. The trailer is simply fine.

The last two scenes from the trailer is rather awkwardly put together in comparison.

Can someone PM me the prologue please ? It would be really nice !! Thanks in advance :gonf: :gonf: :gonf: