Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
MMatt wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 12:15 pm
Possible dialogue..
We live in a twilight world.
And there are no friends at dusk.
You've been made, this siege is a plan set up to vanish you.
But I established contact.
Bring you in or kill you, I have 2 minutes. Make up your mind.

"this siege is a plan set up to vanish you" is the trickiest to make out. It's definitely "Vanish you" though.
Yeah I'm having trouble making out a few lines like what JDW says as they run out. After a few watches most of it I can follow though.

Also just wild speculation but I'll bet Robert Pattinson is the mysterious operator who saves JDW

MMatt wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 12:15 pm
Possible dialogue..
We live in a twilight world.
And there are no friends at dusk.
You've been made, this siege is a plan set up to vanish you.
But I established contact.
Bring you in or kill you, I have 2 minutes. Make up your mind.

"this siege is a plan set up to vanish you" is the trickiest to make out. It's definitely "Vanish you" though.
“the siege is a plan for them to vanish you”

the rest seems spot on.

the ukrainian/russian bit of dialogue when jdw character is confronted seems to be “what is this? what is this? who are you?” - just in case people wondered although it’s easy to get the hang of without even knowing the language

english lines immediately after than and another person asking about ‘no friends at dusk huh’ are:
“you too. let’s get them to the rally point”

unfortunately after jdw says “swap those” i can’t figure the dialogue lmao. might need to give it a listen later on

Sharkboy wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 12:22 pm
Nexus-6 wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 11:19 am
Wow, that was intense :o I have no idea what those guys are doing and what they are talking about, but I love it :D

What a good day.
I've seen it twice and it seems fairly simple to grasp (mostly)
It seems to revolve around a VIP, who sounds like he is an informant for whatever agency JDW works for, possibly military, based on the uniforms those around him.

It seems that he's been compromised and therefore targeted by the bad swat guys and that his handler is JDW (hence the code phrases, and JDW telling him he's been made.)

I speculate the terrorists have been manipulated to cause an attack so the actual bad guys (the bad swat dudes) can infiltrate the swat response team and therefore have a valid excuse to go into those VIP boxes and kill the fella.

The twist being that JDW has infiltrated the bad swat guys in order to extract the VIP dude.

Of course he gets found out, but we realise that JDW has actual undercover allies, maybe in the actual swat team or in the bad swat team, not entirely sure. He extracts the VIP dude and realises he can't defuse the bombs because they are all synced up, so he collects them all and makes a decision to throw them in the VIP area to save the guys in the cheap seats.

Thats when it gets confusing because something happens with time manipulation and i'm not entirely sure if an already shot bullet comes out of the wall through his arm and into the guy thats threatening him and back into the gun of the real swat guy that shoots him, but i suspect that part is meant to be confusing.

It's quite convoluted and feels a bit rushed, which is my main problem with a lot of Nolan's stuff, but the effect of all this is that it feels incredibly tense and layered, which Nolan is an absolute master of.

Does that sound about right to anyone?
I like it. After reading this the prologue is somewhat starting to take shape in my mind.

There's a link to the prologue on the reddit Tenet page if anyone is interested.

Sharkboy wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 12:22 pm
Nexus-6 wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 11:19 am
Wow, that was intense :o I have no idea what those guys are doing and what they are talking about, but I love it :D

What a good day.
I've seen it twice and it seems fairly simple to grasp (mostly)
Thats when it gets confusing because something happens with time manipulation and i'm not entirely sure if an already shot bullet comes out of the wall through his arm and into the guy thats threatening him and back into the gun of the real swat guy that shoots him, but i suspect that part is meant to be confusing.
Does that sound about right to anyone?
You can hear the gun being cocked at the end. So yeah the bullet reverses out and goes back into the gun.

What I don't get is why JDW's guy accusing him of wanting to kill all the innocents. Did that guy not see him gathering up all the explosives?

After watching the prologue, i still have no clue what is the concept of this movie, damn..

I dont know if inception had a prologue..
But to me this prologue remind me to the inception beginning scene..(especially the scene when cobb tried to steal document from saito)

in inception you wont know what actually happened in begining scene if u dont watch the whole movie..
Last edited by JohnnyTheKid on December 19th, 2019, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twombly91 wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 12:31 pm
There's a link to the prologue on the reddit Tenet page if anyone is interested.
Wow, from a Dutch theater, so it's safe to say i'll be getting it when going to imax next week (the same one that had the dunkirk prologue)

This is superficial, but
That shot of Debicki at the end is very reminiscent of Cobb in Inception putting the suppressor on his pistol. I know, it's just filming someone walking around a corner, but... yeah, ok, I'm really reaching...

JohnnyTheKid wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 12:38 pm
After watching the prologue, i still have no clue, damn..

I dont know if inception had a prologue..
But to me this prologue remind me to the inception beginning scene..

in inception you wont know what actually happened in begining scene if u dont watch the whole movie..
good point

shadmag wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 12:36 pm
You can hear the gun being cocked at the end. So yeah the bullet reverses out and goes back into the gun.

What I don't get is why JDW's guy accusing him of wanting to kill all the innocents. Did that guy not see him gathering up all the explosives?
At first I thought it was someone else saying that, but I'm pretty sure that's JDW that's trying to get the guy to walk away