Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 2:48 pm
speedy117 wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 2:40 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 2:36 pm

The budget of the film is USD 200M. If they released it online, pirated copies will ensure a great loss for Warner Bros.
I'm talking about the prologue lol
Opps, sorry my bad. But WB and Nolan wouldn't do that because it removes the suspense of people who are watching the opening scene for the first time.
Then why does the prologue exist in IMAX theaters if it would remove the suspense of watching it for the first time?

speedy117 wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 2:53 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
speedy117 wrote:

Opps, sorry my bad. But WB and Nolan wouldn't do that because it removes the suspense of people who are watching the opening scene for the first time.
Then why does the prologue exist in IMAX theaters if it would remove the suspense of watching it for the first time?
They want to show the thrilling prologue to only a small group of people who are willing to pay the $ to watch movies in IMAX. So it can spread the news via word-of-mouth about the movie. But if you release it online for the entire world to watch, the eventual satisfaction of the movie gets diminished a bit.

Imagine if everyone who watched the Dark Knight has watched the opening scene at home before they went to the cinemas, wouldn't you think the movie will just as slightly less exciting if they didn't see it?

speedy117 wrote:
dragon_phoenix wrote:
speedy117 wrote:

I also think it has to do with promoting the IMAX experience, convincing people to then watch the film in IMAX aswell

Nicolaslabra wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 6:39 pm
speedy117 wrote:
dragon_phoenix wrote:

I also think it has to do with promoting the IMAX experience, convincing people to then watch the film in IMAX aswell
I understand it's promoting the IMAX experience. The movie was shot on 70mm film and Nolan wants us to watch it how he intended us to watch it. But obviously plans are kind of fucked right now and if they want to keep the July 17 date and get everyone hyped about the movie, they need something to fuel the hype.

speedy117 wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 6:58 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 6:39 pm
speedy117 wrote:

I understand it's promoting the IMAX experience. The movie was shot on 70mm film and Nolan wants us to watch it how he intended us to watch it. But obviously plans are kind of fucked right now and if they want to keep the July 17 date and get everyone hyped about the movie, they need something to fuel the hype.
I agree, the situation has changed, but i still dont think the prologue makes for a good marketing piece outside its closed theater circuit, trailers are much better at creating hype.

releasing the Prologue on-line would buy them some time until they have to debut another trailer. So instead of premiering a second full trailer say, next Monday, you roll out the prologue and push another trailer a few weeks.

KEM wrote:
April 23rd, 2020, 4:04 pm
Got my hands on a new version of the prologue, it’s by far the best version I’ve seen, perfectly in frame, well lit, and there’s no heads or anything in the way. I’m not sure if it’s new by I have absolutely not seen this version before.
Hello KEM! How can I DM you about this? Thanks!

I want you guys to go to 2:16 of the new trailer. Pause it.

Add a tab, go to the prologue, and stop at 3:46.

Press play on the prologue and pay attention to the guy dressed in black aiming the gun to the right of the screen. Watch his move in that frame.

Now press play on the trailer and watch that same guy.

Crazy right?

Alive in the prologue clip, gets shot in the trailer clip.

I think this is the biggest hint we've gotten thus far. The prologue is Washington failing the mission, but now he has to redo it somehow using inversion.

I feel like the storyline is going to meet in the middle at some point and then rewind. Maybe, maybe not.

Another thing I want to point out is the architectural symmetry in the trailers. There's so much of it and I think that the symmetry symbolizes two alternate timelines of some sort that collide. These claims/theories are broad but I really think this is something to build off of.

I put this in spoiler as I'm sure not everyone is familiar with the prologue.
rotas wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 1:16 pm

I think this is the biggest hint we've gotten thus far. The prologue is Washington failing the mission, but now he has to redo it somehow using inversion.
Yeah, I was suspicious about that, I knew something was off, great find!
rotas wrote:
Another thing I want to point out is the architectural symmetry in the trailers. There's so much of it and I think that the symmetry symbolizes two alternate timelines of some sort that collide. These claims/theories are broad but I really think this is something to build off of.
Wes Anderson gonna love this movie! :D

rotas wrote:
I want you guys to go to 2:16 of the new trailer. Pause it.

Add a tab, go to the prologue, and stop at 3:46.

Press play on the prologue and pay attention to the guy dressed in black aiming the gun to the right of the screen. Watch his move in that frame.

Now press play on the trailer and watch that same guy.

Crazy right?

I feel like the storyline is going to meet in the middle at some point and then rewind. Maybe, maybe not.

No.. I am pretty sure in the Prologue, a SWAT member got shot. That guy is not JDW.