Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Forum Pro
When did we get the first report about the Dunkirk prologue? How many weeks out from the trailer?

Forum Pro
Joshua Strong wrote:
November 14th, 2019, 6:11 pm
When did we get the first report about the Dunkirk prologue? How many weeks out from the trailer?
Found an article from Indiewire and it looks like it was announced the week of.

At the BFI IMAX in London they're screening Inception, Interstellar and Dunkirk 13th, 16th and 17th of December. One night each with one screening each in IMAX 15/70 (for Interstellar and Dunkirk, i imagine). Pretty sure either a trailer or prologue will be attached.

Pippy wrote:
November 15th, 2019, 2:08 am
At the BFI IMAX in London they're screening Inception, Interstellar and Dunkirk 13th, 16th and 17th of December. One night each with one screening each in IMAX 15/70 (for Interstellar and Dunkirk, i imagine). Pretty sure either a trailer or prologue will be attached.
that's awsome

IMAX Melbourne (Aus) is showing Interstellar on 1570 on Dec 6

But then again, they show Interstellar pretty much monthly due to demand :lol:

Pippy wrote:
November 15th, 2019, 2:08 am
Not to these screenings though...but rather warming it up to have it on Star Wars perhaps?

Friendly reminder that few people actually get to see these dumb prologue sequences.

Making a killer trailer is much more important. Especially since they refused to release the teaser online.

Eh, why not both? It seems like having a bootleg of the prologue is the tradition.

In Dunkirk’s case, I was so close to getting to see it in IMAX in a nearby country. Things changed since then and I think a prologue would be sent to more theaters now that IMAX expanded the number of screens with Laser and all that.

This will be the first Nolan film where we never get a full trailer released. Sorry to disappoint.

Apparently the issue with the limited number of IMAXes getting the Dunkirk prologue on Star Wars was to do with Disney not allowing it to play every screening. Wonder if it'll be the same, if not worse, here (if IMAX/Nolan do go for one).

Of course making a killer trailer will be important as hell for this.