Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
:judge:

quervo wrote:
February 4th, 2020, 5:11 pm
speedy117 wrote:
February 4th, 2020, 4:10 pm
danevito wrote:
February 4th, 2020, 1:21 pm

Could it be possible JDW in the scene didn't know about bullet timing and was surprised by the bullet whole going in reverse?

My initial feeling was he know about the effect and was the one initiating the reverse. But later I'm not so sure.
I don't why that would impossible. I mean he seems kind of shocked and dumbfounded, but not too much to the point where he's like "WTF just happened"
That is a natural reaction, time is running out, the bombs are exploding in seconds, he doesn't have time to meditate on what just happened, he has to concentrate on the mission. I'm nearly 100% sure he knows nothing about time manipulation by that time.
But the phrase "We live in a twilight world" suggests to me he's part of the "secret" knowledge about time manipulation.

Also the way they storm the building "hiding" in plain sight. Almost in a cocky bold attitude doing alternate missions in the middle of a hostage situation gives the impression they know they have an edge on everyone else in the room with their "ability"

Its going to be interesting to find out in July how he puts this movie together. What if the prologue isn't really a scene that fits the storyline from a starting point of the story. what if its somewhere in the middle of the story and we will see the scene play out in alternate versions throughout the movie?? Just shooting ideas here in all directions.. :lol:

danevito wrote:
February 5th, 2020, 5:44 am
quervo wrote:
speedy117 wrote:
February 4th, 2020, 4:10 pm

I don't why that would impossible. I mean he seems kind of shocked and dumbfounded, but not too much to the point where he's like "WTF just happened"
That is a natural reaction, time is running out, the bombs are exploding in seconds, he doesn't have time to meditate on what just happened, he has to concentrate on the mission. I'm nearly 100% sure he knows nothing about time manipulation by that time.
But the phrase "We live in a twilight world" suggests to me he's part of the "secret" knowledge about time manipulation.

Also the way they storm the building "hiding" in plain sight. Almost in a cocky bold attitude doing alternate missions in the middle of a hostage situation gives the impression they know they have an edge on everyone else in the room with their "ability"

Its going to be interesting to find out in July how he puts this movie together. What if the prologue isn't really a scene that fits the storyline from a starting point of the story. what if its somewhere in the middle of the story and we will see the scene play out in alternate versions throughout the movie?? Just shooting ideas here in all directions.. :lol:
"We live in a twilight world" could have been "Chicken with rice is best for breakfast" or "I would set you up with a chimpanzee", it's just a secret code. I think the "afterlife" guys are the elite of spies or agents and the siege is the beginning of the final test for JDW to join them. I can imagine that some of those agents heard about weird stuff happening sometimes, maybe JDW heard rumours about the technology but I think this is the first time he experiences it.

I still don't know though how can this time manipulation work, if I only saw the trailer, I would say the spinning things are the time machines, but Pattinson's character seems to do it locally. Maybe there are several techniques based on the time thing.

So apparently Kuwait got the prologue with 1917 - they didn’t get it with SW. They also got the Dunkirk prologue with Kong back in 2017 (not with Rogue One).

AhmadAli95 wrote:
February 5th, 2020, 4:44 pm
So apparently Kuwait got the prologue with 1917 - they didn’t get it with SW. They also got the Dunkirk prologue with Kong back in 2017 (not with Rogue One).
I also got the prologue with 1917. I saw it in Belgium. I unfortunately did saw it in a 1:90 screen, so not the full IMAX aspect ratio Nolan use.

jacobj wrote:
February 5th, 2020, 4:56 pm
I also got the prologue with 1917. I saw it in Belgium. I unfortunately did saw it in a 1:90 screen, so not the full IMAX aspect ratio Nolan use.
At least you got to see it properly. I’d be fine with whatever aspect ratio :lol: I didn’t get it with my 1917 screening.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
February 5th, 2020, 5:19 pm
jacobj wrote:
February 5th, 2020, 4:56 pm
At least you got to see it properly. I’d be fine with whatever aspect ratio :lol: I didn’t get it with my 1917 screening.
I t hink 1917 is a better match for the prologue then SW was. More mature audience and I also know a lot of people in my age that are more "SciFi/SW" fans that couldn't care less about a prologue and were jawning just waiting for the movie to start during it.

I went to see 1917 in IMAX as well but unfortunately, they apparently had some technical difficulties so they never showed any commercial or trailers before the movie. I kinda hoped they would in the confusion run the Prologue by mistake 8-) never happened. I'm writing to the theater complaining tho.

quervo wrote:
February 5th, 2020, 6:03 am
danevito wrote:
February 5th, 2020, 5:44 am
quervo wrote:

"We live in a twilight world" could have been "Chicken with rice is best for breakfast" or "I would set you up with a chimpanzee", it's just a secret code. I think the "afterlife" guys are the elite of spies or agents and the siege is the beginning of the final test for JDW to join them. I can imagine that some of those agents heard about weird stuff happening sometimes, maybe JDW heard rumours about the technology but I think this is the first time he experiences it.

I still don't know though how can this time manipulation work, if I only saw the trailer, I would say the spinning things are the time machines, but Pattinson's character seems to do it locally. Maybe there are several techniques based on the time thing.
But He established CONTACT! :lol:

terrible

Been dying to watch the prologue since Dec. Is it online anywhere or does anyone have a download link?