Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Actually... the sizzle version is closer to the album version starting at 3:24 just edited at the end to have the guitar solo and slightly extended.

The film version doesn’t have the synth arpeggio or it’s just there but is buried in the mix. Focusing on the guitar and sidechained synth pad ( which I thought were strummed guitars).

Hi everyone,

I'm somewhat of a filmmaker myself (insert Willem Dafoe face), so I tried to make a „Prologue Custom Cut“ that is more like the real prologue we got with of TROS. For me it's the best of both worlds.
1080P 16:9 IMAX at the moment. Maybe I will do a 4K version.
Actually I'm quite happy with the result, especially because I didn't have to use that much bootleg material.

Youtube sadly blocks it instantly.

https://mega.nz/file/KwNQCboS#b-gLk0nRA ... 1RDiKj1Tv8

Here is what I did:
1) Shorter intro but with the red/blue colors + a small reverse sound

2) I left Travis' voice in.

3) JDW shoot's the door guy and disarms the other guy (didn't make much sense in the first version)

4) I cut the dialoge about the package in the coat check (same as the first version)

5) I left in the seat crawling (so no continuity error in this version)

6) As JDW runs up the stairs one SWAT guy gets shot like in the movie (I don't know why it wasn't in the prologue)

7) There is no scene at the coat check like in the first version

8) No dialogue in the basement about the part of the algorythm (same as the first version)

9) I left in the incredible siren sound as JDW collects the bombs

10) I cut the stupid audience shot and replaced it with the bootleg shot of JDW running to the last bomb so we can see the SWAT guy approaching JDW

11) Bacause of the music I left in Neil's red stripe.

12) I had to use a small section of the bootleg version with JDW running into the van and bumping into the side of it (this part wasn't in the movie)

13) I left the fake VIP getting shot in because I don't know why it wasn't in the prologue.

14) I made the TENET title myself with the original font

15) Again a small part of the bootleg version because in the movie JDW doesn't have a gun in his face

16) For the sizzle-reel music I used a part of Rainy Night in Tallinn

17) I had to use this great shot of Kat from the bootleg version because that shot wasn't in the movie

18) Some alternate takes for the sizzle reel because some of the „original“ shots aren't in the movie.

19) I had to use the bootleg version of the music during the last part of the sizzle reel but made the guitars clearer. For that I used a part of the audio of Ludwigs score breakdown for The Rolling Stone.

20) Tenet prologue shot on IMAX titles designed by myself

21) I added some own hits for the last title drop for more impact.

Forum Pro
Mr. Alley wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 12:31 pm
Hi everyone,

I'm somewhat of a filmmaker myself (insert Willem Dafoe face), so I tried to make a „Prologue Custom Cut“ that is more like the real prologue we got with of TROS. For me it's the best of both worlds.
Actually I'm quite happy with the result, especially because I didn't have to use that much bootleg material.

Here is what I did:

3) JDW shoot's the door guy and disarms the other guy (didn't make much sense in the first version)

4) I cut the dialoge about the package in the coat check (same as the first version)

6) As JDW runs up the stairs one SWAT guy gets shot like in the movie (I don't know why it wasn't in the prologue)

8) No dialogue in the basement about the part of the algorythm (same as the first version)

10) I cut the stupid audience shot and replaced it with the bootleg shot of JDW running to the last bomb so we can see the SWAT guy approaching JDW

12) I had to use a small section of the bootleg version with JDW running into the van and bumping into the side of it (this part wasn't in the movie)

13) I left the fake VIP getting shot in because I don't know why it wasn't in the prologue.

15) Again a small part of the bootleg version because in the movie JDW doesn't have a gun in his face

17) I had to use this great shot of Kat from the bootleg version because that shot wasn't in the movie

18) Some alternate takes for the sizzle reel because some of the „original“ shots aren't in the movie.

19) I had to use the bootleg version of the music during the last part of the sizzle reel but made the guitars clearer. For that I used a part of the audio of Ludwigs score breakdown for The Rolling Stone.

Given the resources, not bad!

Uno
Mr. Alley wrote:
December 16th, 2020, 12:31 pm
Hi everyone,

Here is what I did:

Nice job Mr. Alley :gonf:

I've also created my own custom version of the 2019 Prologue that I also want to share. I tried my best to leave out any bootleg footages, so there might be some scenes in the video that are incorrect, compared to the old prologue. I mixed the soundtrack, so it will sound almost the same as the TROS prologue.

Enjoy :) : https://mega.nz/file/LXoWRKAB#maOn8ehHn ... 4xFnpZXzjg

I've also created my own custom version of the 2019 Prologue that I also want to share. I tried my best to leave out any bootleg footages, so there might be some scenes in the video that are incorrect, compared to the old prologue. I mixed the soundtrack, so it will sound almost the same as the TROS prologue.

Oh wow, great! Where did you get the shot of JDW running to the last bomb with the SWAT approaching him?

Uno
Mr. Alley wrote:
December 17th, 2020, 7:09 am
Oh wow, great! Where did you get the shot of JDW running to the last bomb with the SWAT approaching him?

yeah i was just gonna say, there is a good quality section of the prologue version, and thats the one haha, it emerged a couple of weeks ago.

BREAKING NEWS :judge:

The Prologue and me

Hi everyone,

well, something happened today. I got sued by Warner Bros. (I'm in Germany) :gonf:

To give some background info: Maybe you remember that I was the one who first described the prologue here in the forum right after I saw it with TROS (premiere is always on a thursday here in Germany). I did it on my iPhone right after the movie ended. And although there were missing parts and my overall description was not that good, many of you really appreciated it and that made me very happy :)

Later I really enjoyed the film and the longer prologue scene.
After my Bluray arrived I made a custom prologe scene that is somewhat "the best of both worlds". I uploaded it to mega.nz and shared it with you here.

And now WBs German law firm sent me a letter and a bill totaling 935,80 EUR :oops:

They even sent an overview of all the IP adresses that downloaded my Custom Prologe :lol:

I know it was very naive of me but it's sad because I did it out of appreciation :judge:

If you know if there is like a "gofundme" for film nerd idiots like me, please let me know hahah :lol:

Thanks for listening :gonf:

wow i didnt think this sort of thing could happen like that
also anyone with more legal know how than me know if this doesnt fall under some sort of "transformative use of material" ?

outrageous!