Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
speedy117 wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 6:46 pm
dragon_phoenix wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 12:35 pm
Nolanfan93 wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 5:15 am

Yes, I do understand that. But when was the bullet fired first? Before all of the concert scene happened? How would the SWAT guy know where that person would be standing later on so that he could fire it at that specific place?

I just want to understand how the inversion works.
When the SWATs and terrorists are exchanging shots, he probably shot a few bullets at key positions where the bombs are going to be plant.
I don't think that's how inverted guns work. It wouldn't make sense to place the bullets before hand only to reverse them. There's no switch on the gun that automatically starts making it go in reverse, so every time he pulls the trigger, a bullet will go back into the chamber.
i think you guys are looking at it wrong.

I think the swat guy is inverted(using inversion) so from his perspective he just fires the shot forward from ours/JDW's perspective it's backwards.

Pr0creation wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 11:52 am
speedy117 wrote:
dragon_phoenix wrote:

When the SWATs and terrorists are exchanging shots, he probably shot a few bullets at key positions where the bombs are going to be plant.
I don't think that's how inverted guns work. It wouldn't make sense to place the bullets before hand only to reverse them. There's no switch on the gun that automatically starts making it go in reverse, so every time he pulls the trigger, a bullet will go back into the chamber.

I think the swat guy is inverted(using inversion) so from his perspective he just fires the shot forward from ours/JDW's perspective it's backwards.
I think you are 100% right.

enfitt wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 1:10 pm
Pr0creation wrote:
speedy117 wrote:

No way he can run so naturally up the stairs backwards. He uses an inverted weapon.

Ahh of course, that makes perfect sense now

Pr0creation wrote:
speedy117 wrote:
dragon_phoenix wrote:

Lmfao no way bro. He literally moves normally.
And after the new trailer, we know inverted objects (like guns) exist, so it's just an inverted gun.

speedy117 wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 7:44 pm
Lmfao no way bro. He literally moves normally.
And after the new trailer, we know inverted objects (like guns) exist, so it's just an inverted gun.
If this is so, it's way more complex than just killing the guy threatening JDW while in reverse-time.

Mysterious Stranger would had to have travelled back through time, shoot the gun, drop the gun, then return through time, and then finally pick up the inverted-gun and use it to perform the same shot as in reverse-time. All of this before his reversed-copy person those same steps.

quervo wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 1:18 pm

No way he can run so naturally up the stairs backwards. He uses an inverted weapon.
I think this is right. The weapon is inverted, not the person. When JDW is shown the artifacts by that labcoat, there are a bunch of items including watches, she explains, that are traveling backwards in time. The gun he uses is inverted to catch the bullet.

Can people be inverted? I think the trailers have shown this is the case. One grunt that JDW fights, is fighting backwards.
Also adding to an earlier hypothesis, maybe thats why there is a number of scenes from the trailer of breathing masks. Maybe when people are inverted, they need portable ventilators.
Last edited by life on May 29th, 2020, 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

quervo wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 1:18 pm
enfitt wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 1:10 pm
Pr0creation wrote:

I think he and others have inversion training to walk and operate backwards to seem normal in an inverted world. I'm 90% sure this will be a twist lol.

"Guess I'll just jog up these stairs backwards before I save this guys life by reversing a bullet right in front of his eyes, that'll fool him!" :oops:

The thing about inverted objects I don't understand... how can that inversion be transferred to fix the objects they impact? Shouldn't that bullet hole remain even if the bullet reverses out? But then I guess you'd have a lot of CGI to do instead of just running film in reverse.

MMatt wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 12:43 pm
"Guess I'll just jog up these stairs backwards before I save this guys life by reversing a bullet right in front of his eyes, that'll fool him!" :oops:

The thing about inverted objects I don't understand... how can that inversion be transferred to fix the objects they impact? Shouldn't that bullet hole remain even if the bullet reverses out? But then I guess you'd have a lot of CGI to do instead of just running film in reverse.
That's why i believe he is an inverted person because why would bullets be in the wall when they have to be manufactured for inversion?