Prologue

An original action espionage film releasing in IMAX on August 12, 2020
User avatar
Posts: 355
Joined: September 2019
How come we haven't gotten any new versions of the prologue in better quality? We got 3 versions the week it came out and now everyone just stopped filming it?

User avatar
Posts: 306
Joined: August 2019
15 perf 70mm footage is now scanned at 23K-23.5K with Luna scanner (previously limited to 18K). Will Cox, CEO and lead colorist at Final Frame finds this resolution inadequate, says they need something closer to 40K to really clone the large format film.

User avatar
Posts: 2139
Joined: December 2016
blackColumn wrote:
February 8th, 2020, 12:10 pm
The only way to earn respect from Nolan would be breaking in a theatre actually playing the prologue in 70mm film, and then robbing that reel in broad day light.

Anything else falls in the category of 'cute'.
Funny enough he actually talked somewhere about his films or probably just the prologues and how it’s impossible to be pirated. “Good luck trying to pirate a 70mm film”.

BRB
*writes a screenplay about a Nolan 70mm film reel heist*

Posts: 22
Joined: December 2019
The Cinesphere in Toronto is showing the Prologue before each Nolan film screening this month (TDK, Inception, Interstellar, Dunkirk). So if you are in the area, have some great weekends this month.

What caught me off guard after the prologue was an additional short video from Nolan himself. I'm trying to remember, so not verbatim, but he thanks everyone for coming to the Cinepshere this month to see four of his films in IMAX, they way they were meant to be seen. Side note: I have to assume that they weren't able to strike a print of TDKR in time since that would have been the logical choice instead of Inception.

After watching the various bootlegs many many times I saw the real thing. The leaks don't do it justice since everyone's lens is blown out a bit. There is so much detail and texture in the background that is lost. Also the scenes are much brighter than the cam copies lead you to believe. The shot from Italy at the start of the sizzle real has very vibrant colours. I look forward to seeing it again.

Posts: 3787
Joined: June 2010
shadmag wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 12:00 am
The Cinesphere in Toronto is showing the Prologue before each Nolan film screening this month (TDK, Inception, Interstellar, Dunkirk). So if you are in the area, have some great weekends this month.

What caught me off guard after the prologue was an additional short video from Nolan himself. I'm trying to remember, so not verbatim, but he thanks everyone for coming to the Cinepshere this month to see four of his films in IMAX, they way they were meant to be seen. Side note: I have to assume that they weren't able to strike a print of TDKR in time since that would have been the logical choice instead of Inception.

After watching the various bootlegs many many times I saw the real thing. The leaks don't do it justice since everyone's lens is blown out a bit. There is so much detail and texture in the background that is lost. Also the scenes are much brighter than the cam copies lead you to believe. The shot from Italy at the start of the sizzle real has very vibrant colours. I look forward to seeing it again.
:clap:

User avatar
Posts: 409
Joined: March 2017
shadmag wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 12:00 am
The Cinesphere in Toronto is showing the Prologue before each Nolan film screening this month (TDK, Inception, Interstellar, Dunkirk). So if you are in the area, have some great weekends this month.

What caught me off guard after the prologue was an additional short video from Nolan himself. I'm trying to remember, so not verbatim, but he thanks everyone for coming to the Cinepshere this month to see four of his films in IMAX, they way they were meant to be seen. Side note: I have to assume that they weren't able to strike a print of TDKR in time since that would have been the logical choice instead of Inception.

After watching the various bootlegs many many times I saw the real thing. The leaks don't do it justice since everyone's lens is blown out a bit. There is so much detail and texture in the background that is lost. Also the scenes are much brighter than the cam copies lead you to believe. The shot from Italy at the start of the sizzle real has very vibrant colours. I look forward to seeing it again.
I had a chance to see the prologue before The Dark Knight in 70mm tonight. Hooooooooooolllllyyyy shit does this movie look great. My hype is off the charts, I don't think I want to watch a single trailer after this.

Posts: 22
Joined: December 2019
shadmag wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 12:00 am
What caught me off guard after the prologue was an additional short video from Nolan himself. I'm trying to remember, so not verbatim, but he thanks everyone for coming to the Cinepshere this month to see four of his films in IMAX, they way they were meant to be seen. Side note: I have to assume that they weren't able to strike a print of TDKR in time since that would have been the logical choice instead of Inception.
Managed to film a potato quality version of this message. Audio is fine and that's the part that matters anyway.

https://streamable.com/cqnxs

Posts: 3787
Joined: June 2010
shadmag wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 1:17 am
shadmag wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 12:00 am
What caught me off guard after the prologue was an additional short video from Nolan himself. I'm trying to remember, so not verbatim, but he thanks everyone for coming to the Cinepshere this month to see four of his films in IMAX, they way they were meant to be seen. Side note: I have to assume that they weren't able to strike a print of TDKR in time since that would have been the logical choice instead of Inception.
Managed to film a potato quality version of this message. Audio is fine and that's the part that matters anyway.

https://streamable.com/cqnxs
that's awesome, thanks for this

shadmag wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 1:17 am
shadmag wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 12:00 am
What caught me off guard after the prologue was an additional short video from Nolan himself. I'm trying to remember, so not verbatim, but he thanks everyone for coming to the Cinepshere this month to see four of his films in IMAX, they way they were meant to be seen. Side note: I have to assume that they weren't able to strike a print of TDKR in time since that would have been the logical choice instead of Inception.
Managed to film a potato quality version of this message. Audio is fine and that's the part that matters anyway.

https://streamable.com/cqnxs
Still it's a privilege to hear the man himself say how much he loves being embodied in his film making for IMAX 70mm format & to just dive into his humble genius. Cool that he wants all to enjoy what he loves doing. Hes an awesome director! Thanks for the video clip! 😎👍

Posts: 157
Joined: January 2020
Has anybody have any new video of the current Prologue screenings yet?

Post Reply