Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
danevito wrote:
February 5th, 2020, 6:31 pm
I t hink 1917 is a better match for the prologue then SW was. More mature audience and I also know a lot of people in my age that are more "SciFi/SW" fans that couldn't care less about a prologue and were jawning just waiting for the movie to start during it.

I went to see 1917 in IMAX as well but unfortunately, they apparently had some technical difficulties so they never showed any commercial or trailers before the movie. I kinda hoped they would in the confusion run the Prologue by mistake 8-) never happened. I'm writing to the theater complaining tho.
The best match would be Bond 8-)

I wonder if it’ll play with Birds of Prey. I really hope they continue to attach it with IMAX films such as WW84, Top Gun: Maverick and No Time To Die. I expected a wider rollout of the prologue this time but I just don’t understand why some screens get it and others don’t - especially when it’s probably the same local distributor.

Edit: so IT IS attached to Birds of Prey but of course there’s absolutely no guarantee your IMAX screen will screen it but do look out for it if you’re planning to see BoP.
Seems to be playing in Thailand and India (not sure if India got it previously or not).
Add the Philippines to the list.

Ugh... I’m gonna be broke for the rest of the month but I might go on a road trip tomorrow to see BoP in IMAX.

Forum Pro
I just got out of seeing Birds of Prey in the Chicago suburbs and the theater played the Tenet prologue before the film started. I guess this could mean that the prologue is getting a wide release on IMAX stress across the country.

Joshua Strong wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 11:36 pm
I just got out of seeing Birds of Prey in the Chicago suburbs and the theater played the Tenet prologue before the film started. I guess this could mean that the prologue is getting a wide release on IMAX stress across the country.
you lucky. How was the flick?

Bloody hell. They just showed the prologue at my Imax theatre before Birds of Prey. The sound/score was absolutely booming. Like the theatre was literally shaking. This film is going to be an incredible experience in the theatre.

That score was a very big highlight for me. It makes the prologue so intense! I guess Ludwig can do wonders in Nolans hands. I was sad to not have Hans scoring this at first, but after hearing Ludwig Im totally down with this choice.

Tenet teaser soundtrack is the absolute best. I suspect it is reserved for climax.

Man, why am I so unlucky? Will we get the movie in July or they’ll just pass on us?

It’s totally fine it’s presented in the film as it is but I think this is a short edit of the actual sequence. Even the music might differ - maybe not as much as in Dunkirk’s case.

This might sounds bratty, but I’m considering writing some sort of complain to whoever responsible for these things. With TROS, I talked to the manager and they just didn’t get it so it’s WB/IMAX’s fault. It’s 2020 for goodness sake. Why should I keep hearing about how amazing it looks and sounds but not be able to experience myself? I know they don’t really owe us a thing - for us who are going in expecting the prologue, and we’re seeing the film anyway. But it’s a missed opportunity. Nothing from Tenet played here. Teaser, trailer, prologue, none of them played here.

It’s just crazy that’s playing in other countries in the Middle East but not all of the region. So random. How is it playing in Egypt and Kuwait but not in Emirates, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia?

Sorry for this rant lol but I always feel left out and I absolutely hate it.

Pretty cool that they're attaching the prologue to more IMAX theaters, I thought it would be a one-off with Star Wars.

Fingers crossed they attach it to NTTD this April! I saw it with Star Wars and one time a relatively good bootleg.