Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Hustler wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 3:22 pm
speedy117 wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 2:56 pm
I always thought the whole torture and cyanide pill thing was a test, and that it was never meant to kill him. I thought this because of the guy in the trailer saying he passed or whatever.
Exactly, this is what I took it to mean as well. People are taking the afterlife statement too literally.
100%. It makes sense for a super secret organization to test their candidates to choose the best one, and I think people are thinking too deep with this "reversing his death" or whatever.

speedy117 wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 6:14 pm
Hustler wrote:
speedy117 wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 2:56 pm
I always thought the whole torture and cyanide pill thing was a test, and that it was never meant to kill him. I thought this because of the guy in the trailer saying he passed or whatever.
Exactly, this is what I took it to mean as well. People are taking the afterlife statement too literally.
100%. It makes sense for a super secret organization to test their candidates to choose the best one, and I think people are thinking too deep with this "reversing his death" or whatever.

If you look at the trailer at 0:24 - 0:28, you can see what appears to be his death happening in reverse. At least it seems that way to me: the way the flowers in the train yard are blowing in the wind and the train behind him that seems to move in reverse.

Also ask yourself the question, why give him a pill in the first place that makes him froth at the mouth and "pass out" if it would just suffice to interrogate him to the point he is willing to die than give up his colleagues? Why put him through the physical harm?

Just got back from an IMAX screening of TROS and look what pops up before it.

As soon as I saw the Syncopy logo I knew what was happening.

Seriously chuffed catching this, never saw any of the others on the big screen before.

Looks seriously thrilling and intriguing, Nolan looks to be re-defining blockbusters again with this.

Only a certain Secret Agent as me more excited this year than this.

2020 will be a great time on the big screen just on the strength of these two alone.

As I'm not really a big blockbuster fan anymore, don't get excited by MCU or DC so having one of my favourite directors and my favourite film character in the same year is a big deal for me.

DHOPW42 wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 3:46 pm
The "afterlife" thing most likely means that his former life is now over, and he can "never go back" - once he gets introduced to the world of "Tenet", he can't live his former life anymore.
exactly

ninenin wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 10:15 pm
speedy117 wrote:
January 1st, 2020, 6:14 pm
Hustler wrote:

If you look at the trailer at 0:24 - 0:28, you can see what appears to be his death happening in reverse. At least it seems that way to me: the way the flowers in the train yard are blowing in the wind and the train behind him that seems to move in reverse.

Also ask yourself the question, why give him a pill in the first place that makes him froth at the mouth and "pass out" if it would just suffice to interrogate him to the point he is willing to die than give up his colleagues? Why put him through the physical harm?
Good point. I noticed that scene looked off too, and it probably was in reverse. He wakes up in a hospital bed though. And maybe they gave him the pill just to really push him to the limit idk.

Is there a better quality avaiable? anyone with a link? please via pm.

How do you guys think the bullet reversal thing worked? I'm assuming its Pattinson's character who saved JDW, but after the bullet reversed, he's running forward in time, not backward.

Can someone please PM me a link to the prologue? Thanks!

I'm still available for sharing the prologue with you, people. Just please write a PM to me instead of asking for it here in the forums.

Does anyone think the prologue will play with other IMAX releases after TROS? Like 1917? I know we’ve made some jokes about Nolan asserting his dominance, but it’s a legit question.