Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
CASE wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 8:16 am
That's clearly NOT JDW's voice.
I disagree. It sounds like him to me.

What happened to Yourfavoratemusic? He used to do great covers of nolan soundtrack tracks. He might be working on something tenet-related (prologue for instance) somewhere.

I've watched the prologue like a dozen times and there are still some things I can't figure out.
The guy that yells "Who are you?" at JDW and rips the patch off his arm - this suggests that the guy questioning him is one of the real SWAT guys, and since he's shown planting bombs, does that mean the "real" SWAT team is corrupt and trying to get to the VIP guy rather than stop the terrorists (a plan to "vanish" him)? Obviously JDW is part of a team trying to save the VIP guy, but it's confusing because if we're going by the assumption that the real SWAT guys are corrupt and trying to vanish the VIP guy, killing the audience in the process, why do the people in the van want the VIP guy, because they seem to be a separate group? If the guy asking who are you is actually part of the government SWAT team, why is he planting bombs against normal citizens?

Basically, I'm still unclear on just how many parties with different motivations there are. We have the terrorists and JDW's "good guy" team, the team JDW has infiltrated at the beginning who are pretending to be SWAT in the van and want the VIP guy, and the actual government SWAT who are corrupt and want to kill the VIP guy? Are the government swat actually in league with the terrorists? Where does the infiltrating group in the van fit in with these aims? It's not clear where the alliances are between these groups.

Janky Sam wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 4:20 pm
I've watched the prologue like a dozen times and there are still some things I can't figure out.
The guy that yells "Who are you?" at JDW and rips the patch off his arm - this suggests that the guy questioning him is one of the real SWAT guys, and since he's shown planting bombs, does that mean the "real" SWAT team is corrupt and trying to get to the VIP guy rather than stop the terrorists (a plan to "vanish" him)? Obviously JDW is part of a team trying to save the VIP guy, but it's confusing because if we're going by the assumption that the real SWAT guys are corrupt and trying to vanish the VIP guy, killing the audience in the process, why do the people in the van want the VIP guy, because they seem to be a separate group? If the guy asking who are you is actually part of the government SWAT team, why is he planting bombs against normal citizens?

Basically, I'm still unclear on just how many parties with different motivations there are. We have the terrorists and JDW's "good guy" team, the team JDW has infiltrated at the beginning who are pretending to be SWAT in the van and want the VIP guy, and the actual government SWAT who are corrupt and want to kill the VIP guy? Are the government swat actually in league with the terrorists? Where does the infiltrating group in the van fit in with these aims? It's not clear where the alliances are between these groups.

JDW seems to be part of American team working for a rogue Ukranian group (but they dupe them at the end by swapping out the VIP). It's purposefully vague who is working for who.

Janky Sam wrote:

Regarding terrorists vs SWAT, I posted my interpretation a page or two back, but I believe the whole thing is orchestrated by the government, or some person/entity who has enough authority within the government.

Government hired the terrorists under the table. They're just pawns in the whole scheme of things.

The government then sends in their SWAT team to "counter" the terrorist attack, but they're really just there to vanish the VIP.

Real SWAT team is planting bombs, but they will eventually just be blamed on the terrorists. The audience has been gassed asleep, so no one sees the SWAT team planting the bombs.

Bacon wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 4:39 pm
JDW seems to be part of American team working for a rogue Ukranian group (but they dupe them at the end by swapping out the VIP). It's purposefully vague who is working for who.
What’s interesting is that at first I thought they only swapped clothes to protect the VIP and exit him safely. That part about the Ukrainians was unintelligible to me.

hotsauce32 wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 4:50 pm
Regarding terrorists vs SWAT, I posted my interpretation a page or two back, but I believe the whole thing is orchestrated by the government.
It's too politically loaded.

Insomniac wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 5:15 pm
hotsauce32 wrote:
Regarding terrorists vs SWAT, I posted my interpretation a page or two back, but I believe the whole thing is orchestrated by the government.
It's too politically loaded.
Maybe so, but how else would it go down?
"The siege is a plan for them to vanish you". So either the whole thing was government-orchestrated (or at least by some entity or agency within the government, someone who has enough power to coerce terrorists, and then send in SWAT to "fight" them).

Or the terrorists were acting of their own accord, and the SWAT was like, "Oh yeah, this person that we need to vanish is at this opera house that's currently being attacked by terrorists. How convenient!". That's too coincidental, imo.

hotsauce32 wrote:
Janky Sam wrote:

Regarding terrorists vs SWAT, I posted my interpretation a page or two back, but I believe the whole thing is orchestrated by the government, or some person/entity who has enough authority within the government.

Government hired the terrorists under the table. They're just pawns in the whole scheme of things.

The government then sends in their SWAT team to "counter" the terrorist attack, but they're really just there to vanish the VIP.

Real SWAT team is planting bombs, but they will eventually just be blamed on the terrorists. The audience has been gassed asleep, so no one sees the SWAT team planting the bombs.
^^^ All of this

So much going on in 6 minutes.