Prologue

An original action espionage film releasing in IMAX on August 12, 2020
Phew! My anxiety is finally put to rest. Pointe Orlando has the prologue. Yep, it was tense and didn’t make total sense, loved it. They played trailers before and after it, which was somewhat jarring, and they left the house lights at half brightness on during it, much to my annoyance. I’ve almost given up all hope on Regal doing the right thing and giving us dual laser or 70mm, especially before Tenet. I’m starting to think I better hitch a ride on MegaBus or ride along with a friend to Ft. Lauderdale come July.

Bacon wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 11:07 pm
geozou1 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 10:53 pm
Bacon wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 7:49 pm
Just curious....
Why does the real SWAT that is about to kill JDW, say "we don't have to kill all these people?" If that's the plan to begin with? Did that real SWAT have a change of heart?
JDW says it. The real SWAT does not.
Ahhh thank you for clearing that up. I gotta rewatch it, it was quite difficult to hear. My cousin complained about the sound mixing lol. He thinks Nolan has a problem with sound mixing when the music/sound effects are much louder than the dialogue. Nolan had that problem with the Dark Knight Rises prologue but then fixed it.

But still loved every damn second of it. Those 6 minutes alone was far more entertaining than that Star Wars trash.

Bacon wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 6:04 pm
AhmadAli95 wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 4:08 pm
Bacon wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 3:35 pm
He doesn't.
He watches it happen. The soldier that runs off controlled it.
The quality is so low I couldn’t tell but still
how can they control it? Rewinding a singular event through time and space without affecting the environment around them entirely.
That's what we're trying to figure out.
JDW looked confused when it happens, similar to him in the car in the trailer. People are mistaking the confusion for him controlling it. Whoever that mysterious soldier is was able to purposefully manipulate time to save JDW and then ran off. I think it's the US govt (or whoever Patts/Donovan works for) having a plant watching JDW's performance or something.
Also, why are we spoiler tagging the Prologue when this is the Prologue thread?
weird feeling that it is Pattinson. Also think this was JDW first interaction with the time manipulation...so i could see him dying after this...and this is when he passes the "test."

i`ve listened to that line a few more times, and i dont think its JDW, it just doesnt sound like his voice timbre at all, neither pattinson`s to be honest, so im confused

Maybe the guy with the small backpack causing time manipulation is actually Aaron Taylor-Johnson? I think the same guy appears at the end of the trailer emerging backward.;

SCORPIO16 wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 3:06 am
Maybe the guy with the small backpack causing time manipulation is actually Aaron Taylor-Johnson? I think the same guy appears at the end of the trailer emerging backward.;
Wow, I forgot all about him already.

They gave me the Prologue at the Regal IMAX in Alhambra, CA. I was a little annoyed they didn't turn the lights down all the way, but it was EPIC. That score (especially in the sizzle reel) sounds absolutely killer. Worth sitting though TROS (which is basically just a big goof) with a cringe audience. Definitely recommend catching the Prologue if your nearest IMAX has it.
Last edited by Tenetdrome on December 21st, 2019, 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Do we know yet if the prologue is the very beginning of the movie like TDK and TDKR's were? I kinda hope not because, while I liked it, it seems like the scene could use a little more context beforehand to be less confusing.

radewart wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 3:54 am
Do we know yet if the prologue is the very beginning of the movie like TDK and TDKR's were? I kinda hope not because, while I liked it, it seems like the scene could use a little more context beforehand to be less confusing.
Most definitely not the opening, just like Dunkirk

Can anyone tell me what JDW said?
after he was rescued by reverse time effect and the man said to him, "that wasn't one of us."