Prologue

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
iieee wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 11:40 am
Could someone pm me the prologue?
:gonf: :gonf:
Thank you for the quick reply guys! :gonf: :gonf:

Would someone be so kind to send the link?

Thank you!

Without spoilers, how would you rate this prologue compared to the others?

Possible dialogue..
We live in a twilight world.
And there are no friends at dusk.
You've been made, this siege is a plan set up to vanish you.
But I established contact.
Bring you in or kill you, I have 2 minutes. Make up your mind.

"this siege is a plan set up to vanish you" is the trickiest to make out. It's definitely "Vanish you" though.

gropercity wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 12:13 pm
Nothing is ever gonna beat the Dark Knight prologue, that's for sure. I think it's better than Dunkirk's and almost but not quite up there with TDKR.

gropercity wrote:
I find it very similar to TDKR in terms of rythm, music and plot. Not much is revealed but the action is very clear even if the purpose isn't known.

I think it’s his best prologue since The Dark Knight... the pacing, cinematography, and music all add up to make it incredibly riveting.

gropercity wrote:
It does contain elements from other prologues. Without going into specifics, I would say the prologue is very subtle and tensed. And yes - because of the editing, soundtrack and camerawork - this is my favourite so far. Quite interesting because the editor, she is new, the composer, he is new, Cinematographer Hoyata is relatively new.

Hey guys could someone PM me the prologue, thanks dying to watch it.

Nexus-6 wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 11:19 am
Wow, that was intense :o I have no idea what those guys are doing and what they are talking about, but I love it :D

What a good day.
I've seen it twice and it seems fairly simple to grasp (mostly)
It seems to revolve around a VIP, who sounds like he is an informant for whatever agency JDW works for, possibly military, based on the uniforms those around him.

It seems that he's been compromised and therefore targeted by the bad swat guys and that his handler is JDW (hence the code phrases, and JDW telling him he's been made.)

I speculate the terrorists have been manipulated to cause an attack so the actual bad guys (the bad swat dudes) can infiltrate the swat response team and therefore have a valid excuse to go into those VIP boxes and kill the fella.

The twist being that JDW has infiltrated the bad swat guys in order to extract the VIP dude.

Of course he gets found out, but we realise that JDW has actual undercover allies, maybe in the actual swat team or in the bad swat team, not entirely sure. He extracts the VIP dude and realises he can't defuse the bombs because they are all synced up, so he collects them all and makes a decision to throw them in the VIP area to save the guys in the cheap seats.

Thats when it gets confusing because something happens with time manipulation and i'm not entirely sure if an already shot bullet comes out of the wall through his arm and into the guy thats threatening him and back into the gun of the real swat guy that shoots him, but i suspect that part is meant to be confusing.

It's quite convoluted and feels a bit rushed, which is my main problem with a lot of Nolan's stuff, but the effect of all this is that it feels incredibly tense and layered, which Nolan is an absolute master of.

Does that sound about right to anyone?