Teaser Trailer

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Angus wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 11:05 am
Nolan signed off on this; there's no way it's as simple as "Time has come for a new protagonist" in the literal sense.
Or that's exactly what it does (partly) mean in the literal sense.

Time has come for a new protagonist

Time wants a new 'person' to fight/interact with...

Angus wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 11:28 am
sebal24 wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 11:21 am
Angus wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 11:05 am
The tagline is just too weird for a Nolan movie without it meaning something significant. Nolan signed off on this; there's no way it's as simple as "Time has come for a new protagonist" in the literal sense.

So I got to thinking: "Protagonist" has another definition not related to heroes and good guys.

I think a protagonist in this film's universe is a "job title." As in, "What do you do for a living?" / "I'm what they call a protagonist."

This seems to feel related to the definition of "Tenet."

I think "protagonist" is a supporter, and "tenet" is a cause.
Meaning that JDW is a supporter of a cause; He's a protagonist of the tenet.
You may be right.

Have you read "The End of Eternity" written by Isaac Asimov?
Maybe JDW is a kind of "editor" of reality outside of time. He implements "tenet".
He steps in, and make small changes that have great impact in the future.

Being this a Nolan film, the ending is...
He is the one that it's being changed by his own changes.
Yep.

I also think this is absolutely related to Inception.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hstBN0Qkqhc

Your mind is the scene of the crime.
JDW appears to be at the scene of a crime.

Time has come.
The importance of Time in Inception.

A new protagonist.
A new main "hero" now that Cobb is retired.

A new mission.
A new mission now that the mission of Inception is over.
"A new mission" tag is like a cliché. But relating it to Inception... That's a good one!
Perhaps it's a different universe, but a new "kind" of mission about the inception of an idea.

sebal24 wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 11:33 am

"A new mission" tag is like a cliché. But relating it to Inception... That's a good one!
Perhaps it's a different universe, but a new "kind" of mission about the inception of an idea.
it's not " a new mission" but "a new kind of mission"
It's not the same thing.
Last edited by the_red_ninja on August 2nd, 2019, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unneccessary quoting

FFS can you guys stop quoting gigantic posts all the time? Makes the mobile experience fucking terrible browsing this forum.
ANONIMNIQ wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 11:29 am
It's called science FICTION for a reason, lol
It's also called science for a reason. If you think Inception is more sci-fi than fantasy you should look up the definitions. Same goes for the cloning in The Prestige and all the time travel/future Cooper warning Murph shit in Interstellar. It's all fantasy elements.

Dragons and wands aren't required for something to be fantasy. Star Wars is a fantasy franchise.

Sanchez wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 11:37 am
FFS can you guys stop quoting gigantic posts all the time? Makes the mobile experience fucking terrible browsing this forum.
ANONIMNIQ wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 11:29 am
It's called science FICTION for a reason, lol
It's also called science for a reason. If you think Inception is more sci-fi than fantasy you should look up the definitions. Same goes for the cloning in The Prestige and all the time travel/future Cooper warning Murph shit. It's all fantasy elements.

Dragons and wands aren't required for something to be fantasy. Star Wars is a fantasy franchise.
Yeah, Inception is absolutely not a science-fiction movie but purely fantasy, agree.

Interstellar, on the contrary is dealing with science-fiction, with all these thematics threated and the context.

It seems to restart by a few frames every time a title card appears in the teaser.

It's too jarring and noticeable to be a sloppy editing mistake.

So what is your definition for sci-fi? Inception - fantasy? I can't find any site that lists Inception as a fantasy genre movie. The plot is based on a machine ... not on some kind of supernatural powers. Where is the fantasy here? Everything is happening in a dream world and even this dream world is still really similar to reality.

We'll discover once and for all that it's an original story which has nothing to do with Inception when we'll see what character Michael Caine is playing, in fact ;)

I need this trailer released in HD goodness right now. Come on Nolan, bless us with your glorious seed. I want it in my brain.

Nolan62 wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 11:49 am
We'll discover once and for all that it's an original story which has nothing to do with Inception when we'll see what character Michael Caine is playing, in fact ;)
It makes no sense that of all characters in Inception, his character is the one to return.