Teaser Trailer

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Hustler wrote:
August 12th, 2019, 8:36 pm
We're still talking about the trailer, which means...

The momentum hasn't completely died yet, either.
Give me the [trailer]....and I’ll do whachu’ shoulda’ did....ten minutes ago...

The way it is going now there is a lot of hype building before even the teaser trailer. Just like it was with Dunkirk.

I personally would like to see an 'out of nowhere' approach. You are not anticipitaing. You are not waiting. You are not prepared. And BOOM.

The trailer for next Nolan film is here.

Forum Pro
Law
Chris Nolan to the WB execs begging him to release the trailer

A problem is the teaser is attached to films that aren't really drawing a crowd for many people to see it. Hobbs and Shaw open alright and then dropped hard its second week and The Kitchen was always gonna be a massive dud. In contrast, Dunkirk's first teaser opened with Suicide Squad, a big hit.

I think they missed an opportunity to hype people for this movie. Question is why.

poplar wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 7:11 am
I think they missed an opportunity to hype people for this movie. Question is why.
I just have a feeling that studio execs and the Nolans have their reasons why they are promoting the film this way. I'm not sure why we all think of this as a missed opportunity. I know WE are disappointed that we're not seeing it online, but... once again, tons of regular movie goers exist and I guess their marketing strategy is including them as well.

They're DEFINITELY NOT releasing the trailer online. Unless they want to surprise us.

radewart wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 2:06 am
A problem is the teaser is attached to films that aren't really drawing a crowd for many people to see it. Hobbs and Shaw open alright and then dropped hard its second week and The Kitchen was always gonna be a massive dud. In contrast, Dunkirk's first teaser opened with Suicide Squad, a big hit.
It’s just a teaser for a film a year out. It’s excessive enough as is.

It's Chris Nolan. Studio execs have nothing to do with it.

In the age where you see more and more movies being simulataneously releasing online , he is going with a staggered release of a teaser trailer.

Now digest that. Won't be surprised if the teaser shows up first on Fandango NOW since they have partnered with IMAX for their enhanced program.

If this continues this way, most people are going to have to use torrent to view the teaser.

Sharkboy wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 7:26 am
It’s just a teaser for a film
If it was 'just a teaser for a film' people won't be bootlegging it and youtube won't be actively removing it. Seriously man, you can be arrested at the airport for having a cinema recording of this in any electronic device.

poplar wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 7:11 am
Yeah, this may look like a missed opportunity. But I'm fairly confident they're going full force with trailer 2/3 and the main marketing campaign once we're getting closer to July. I mean, by the look of the set pictures and locations (and if the budget rumours are indeed true) this is going to be a huge, and I mean huge film.

WB ain't done yet