Tenet Fan Art Thread

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
@666kalpa, the first one is really neat.

666kalpa wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 2:21 pm

i like this one!

MMatt wrote:
January 29th, 2020, 6:27 pm

Think I'm done for now, ha.
Stunning! Amazing skills! I thought these are the real deal. Very very well done!!! :clap:

Fan made poster OC
Last edited by RedMoon on July 6th, 2020, 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

What do you think of this one? Found it.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
July 5th, 2020, 10:42 pm
Nice but would be right if Winding Refn was DP. Nolan never goes for so much contrast, especially with Hoytema.

Demoph wrote:
July 6th, 2020, 3:47 am
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
July 5th, 2020, 10:42 pm
Nice but would be right if Winding Refn was DP. Nolan never goes for so much contrast, especially with Hoytema.
Normally this would be the case, but the scenes taking place in what we believe to be the machine that reverses entropy, the colors and contrast are very Refn-esque, i even remember pointing this out when the first full lenght trailer came out, i`d never seen such an extreme use of color in a nolan film, the rest of it though sticks to the earth-metal palette we are used to with nolan, perhaps with more of a green-cyan tint.

Hello everyone. In October, before the first Tenet trailer was even released, I published in Literal Magazine “Los profetas”, a short story in Spanish (Im not a native speaker, sorry for the mistakes) about time inversion. It was not science fiction, it was fantastic literature, but the essence was the same. I was happy and impress to see that topic in a movie directed by Christopher Nolan, a movie I was already expecting. I haven’t translated de full short story yet (it has 20 pages), but today I like to share a little fragment that contains many important questions (not only about inverted matter, but about inverted consciousness) I will love to see solved in the movie.
“Now the old corpse is full of fresh blood. Saúl first thinks the blood came from the suicides, until he notes that the ground is giving it back to the surface. The blood rises from the body up to the knifed neck. Soon the body starts shaking like a man in the throes of death.
The knifed man rise up from the ground and makes a gesture like he was cutting his throat, and actually he is healing it. The blood disappears. Saúl understand the inverted sequence of facts. Samanta and Alina were right, he thinks, our future is that man’s past. The man returned from the ground kill himself for the same reason the country’s people did it that morning. Saúl is alive for contemplate the last man alive from another civilization that’s lives in the future. He was born to contemplate the truth.
Nac I, says the man returned from the ground. Shocked, Saúl ask him if he can talk. The man don’t answer, like he never listened the question. The boy repeats in his head the strange words that came from the man, and decode that’s the anticipated answer to the question. Nac I means I can. It is reasonable to think that man has an inverted memory, that he remembers thinks haven’t happen yet, and not the thinks that already happen.
The man starts walking in reverse, to the deepest forest. It looks like a demon or like a mad man. Saúl follows him. Next to weird trees there is an improvised log cabin. Saúl enters with the man. Three bloody corpses wait for life. Two women and an old lady.
Noon already happen. Shadows already disappeared under the objects and came back, and the window emits a green savage shining. The man cry for the women and the old lady, the tears penetrate his eyes. The women and the old lady killed themselves in the Saul’s dusk, what it was the dawn for them.
Saúl ask himself how will be the life for that family. What would they eat? Would they sow their own inverted fruits, from the future, or would they eat the ordinary fruits? If we take an inverted fruit from and inverted tree with our hand, would the fruit be in two places at the same time? It would be sliced in our table and in the tree, were it will be growing in reverse until become a flower? Saúl ask himself if their culture would be like our culture, if they will need to be warm in our winter, and if their way to extinguish a fire in this world would be cause it.
Someone looks them closely from the frame of the door, is an old man with long, white beard. Saúl fears. The eyes of the calmed old man are inquisitives and monstrous.
Saúl asks the old man where Samuel and Samanta are. The old man doesn’t answer.
Saúl then notes that maybe the man returned from the ground has seen Samuel and Samanta in the future. But there is a problem. The man will answer any question before the existence of the question. That implies his question will be inevitable in the future. But he truly feels he can change it, having the answer. If the man answers yes, for example, he feels he can ask if the sun shines at night, that freedom creates a paradox. Two opposed free wills invalidate the reversibility of causes and consequences”. –––––Carlos Ávila Villamar, Los profetas, Literal Magazine, October 2019.