Kenneth Branagh Joins the Cast of Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
A Borges man wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 3:53 am
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 3:22 am
intersteIIarx wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 3:18 am

The Cannes director is a big fan of Nolan,(they invited him back in 2018) and asked Nolan for Tenet to be apart of Cannes but, Tenet wasn't ready in time. He also mentioned how Nolan told him he cast JDW after the Cannes Blackkklansman screening as we found out a few weeks ago.
Yes. Now, when they invited him, was it to present 2001 print?
I'm 99% sure it was the 2001 print. I mean, it depends if we are talking about a Nolan film in competition or outside? Because there have been a lot of ridiculous movies that went to Canne out of competition: Godzilla (98), The Fifth Element, Kung Fu Panda, X-Men: the last Stand....Shrek. Having Tenet go to Canne is kind of meaningless. Also, having a bunch of sunbaked, pretentious, french film critics have the first look at Tenet would suck...they don't deserve it, they would probably trash it.
Probably but not something we can say for sure since we haven’t watched Tenet. I mean, judging by Nolan’s work on Dunkirk, this movie could be way different than what we expect really and he might be continuing his experimental approach to a further extent with Tenet perhaps (I know, I realize this is a movie with more limitations for a studio given its nature, budget, etc.). Although I’m thinking this because I remember Nolan saying something about how Dunkirk had an effect on how he works with his projects.

I do agree with other people here on how Dunkirk was a film that could’ve been screened at Cannes considering it had a more arthouse approach. Although if you ask me, some elements of art films have always been part of Nolan’s work. Anyways, not a big deal either but good to see Nolan gets some respect from recognized figures at Cannes.

Watching Jack Ryan: Shadow recruit which is a espionage action movie where Branagh plays the evil Russian and also directs. Wonder if his role in Tenet is a shoutout/connection to this in any way. Or maybe Washington is actually playing Jack Ryan...

Why is there a spoiler in the thread title? Not cool! :judge:

jetsdude wrote:
August 15th, 2020, 12:25 am
Watching Jack Ryan: Shadow recruit which is a espionage action movie where Branagh plays the evil Russian and also directs. Wonder if his role in Tenet is a shoutout/connection to this in any way. Or maybe Washington is actually playing Jack Ryan...
That doesn't make any sense.

gropercity wrote:
August 15th, 2020, 1:29 am
it has been edited and yes, very not cool indeed

gropercity wrote:
August 15th, 2020, 1:29 am
How is knowing his character's name a spoiler? Will it really detract from your experience of watching the movie?

We've already stated it a spoiler. Using the characters name or any other spoilers not tagged by spoilers with a warning what it's about (name, plot, set photo etc.) you will get banned

Nomis wrote:
August 16th, 2020, 5:00 am
We've already stated it a spoiler. Using the characters name or any other spoilers not tagged by spoilers with a warning what it's about (name, plot, set photo etc.) you will get banned
Thanks.
I'll see the movie on 24th (fingers crossed), so if I can, I'll try to report posts with spoil afterwards.

Also, a character's name is definitely a spoiler. If Nolan didn't reveal them, there is a reason. Imagine if Interstellar had a thread: Matt Damon as Dr Mann or even worse if TDKR had Marion Cotillard or JGL as...
There are people who don't want to know anything about the film browsing the forum, and there are threads for discussion for people who want to talk about spoilers they've read. It's very easy to discuss as much as you want about the film whilst respecting everyone.