Clémence Poésy joins the cast of Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
On her Instagram she had a new post that says "Bye for Now" to the play she was in. So, she could be in the upcoming filming...

jetsdude wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 2:51 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 2:25 pm
Fleur Delacour, Cedrick Diggory and Gilderoy Lockhart. Looks like Nolan is after all the Potter actors who portrayed specifically good looking characters.£
Pansey Parkinson better be next then. :D
Also Hermione Granger, James Potter, Lily Potter, Madame Hooch, Nearly Headless Nick, Filius Flitwick, Albus Dumbledore, Dean Thomas, Dudley Dursley, Quirinus Quirrell, Petunia Dursley, Minerva McGonagall, Molly Weasley, Madam Rosmerta, Peter Pettigrew, Remus Lupin, Sybill Trelawney, Remus Lupin, Lucius Malfoy, Barty Crouch Jr., Viktor Krum, Igor Karkaroff, Olympe Maxime, Dolores Umbridge, Percy Weasley, Rufus Scrimgeour, Madam Pomfrey, Oliver Wood, Aberforth Dumbledore, Roger Davies, Fred and George Weasley, Neville Longbottom, Dean Thomas, Argus Flich, Firenze, Arthur Weasley, Gregory Goyle, Narcissa Malfoy, Nymphadora Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Seamus Finnigan, Lee Jordan, Gabriella Delacour, Parvati Patil, Colin Creevey, Stan Shunpike, Cormac McLaggen, Kreacher, Charity Burbage, Katie Bell, Padma Patil, Romilda Vane, Blaise Zabini, Antonin Dolohov, Thorfinn Rowle, Leanne, Mafalda Hopkirk, Mary Cattermole, Gregorovitch, Teddy Lupin, Mr. and Mrs. Granger.

Pratham wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 2:51 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 2:25 pm
Fleur Delacour, Cedrick Diggory and Gilderoy Lockhart. Looks like Nolan is after all the Potter actors who portrayed specifically good looking characters.£
umm where's frank dillane then?

ps: i had to go on a wiki walk for this post.

edit: domhnall gleeson is next i assume?
Also Emma Watson

pls no.

love that girl but she can't act.

How did you get into the casting of a Christopher Nolan film ?

Clémence Poésy - A few years ago, I had the opportunity to chat briefly with him during a dinner at the Cannes Film Festival. So I was pleasantly surprised when my American agent informed me, several months later, that Christopher Nolan wanted to test me on a Batman scene. After sending him a video, I was summoned for a casting in Los Angeles. In the meantime, I had become pregnant with my second child, but he did not take offense since, in the process, he announced that I would be part of the cast of Tenet, a spy film dubbed with a journey through time, also with John David Washington, Robert Pattinson, Kenneth Branagh…

Why did he test you on Batman and not on a scene from his new script ?

Clémence Poésy - This is a process that is often done, especially for projects as secret as those of Christopher Nolan. But I realized later that this Batman character had the same character traits that I would have to play in Tenet.

Who is this woman you play ?

Clémence Poésy - Unfortunately, I can say absolutely nothing, neither about my character nor the adventures of this thriller which crosses the twilight universe of international espionage and is like a time reversal. Nolan has the particularity of not revealing anything before the release of a film so that the viewer is always surprised.

How was the shooting ?

Clémence Poésy - I only had the text of the scenes I had to play. It was a first for me, but it did not destabilize me. This mysterious side even served me, since my character did not know more than me. There was something playful about this adventure. Each shoot requires a form of abandonment and, when you are in the hands of a filmmaker like Nolan, you can only have confidence.

What man is he on set ?

Clémence Poésy - He is charming and, as a good British, drinks tea all day ! As a director, he instills a serene atmosphere on the set. As he has always been loyal to the same team, his technicians know each other, know how to listen to each other and their common desire to carry out the project makes work really effective. The days are long, breaks rare, but we are moving forward, because we know that the captain of this big liner masters the elements and knows precisely where he is taking us. In addition, as with Tarantino, phones are excluded from the set. This keeps an area somewhat protected, where the actors do not disperse and where the team keeps a common energy.

Have you found Robert Pattinson, your partner in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire ?

Clémence Poésy - Having only had to share scenes with the main actor, John David Washington, I unfortunately did not have the opportunity to find Rob or Michael Caine, with whom i had shared the story of Mr. Morgan's Last Love, a comedy never seen before in France. In addition, the filming was done in many countries and my part was mostly in Estonia.
https://www.femina.fr/article/clemence- ... les-genres

Cool to see that so much filming is done in Estonia.

I guess the Batman character she is referring to is possibly Lucius Fox. I mean from what we have seen so far she is playing a sort of a tech guide character for our main man JDW. (Similar to Fox or Q from Bond) :think:

always_smiling wrote:
July 12th, 2020, 11:26 pm
I guess the Batman character she is referring to is possibly Lucius Fox. I mean from what we have seen so far she is playing a sort of a tech guide character for our main man JDW. (Similar to Fox or Q from Bond) :think:
I am already liking her dialogue and mannerism in the trailers. Hopefully, we get to see more of her in the movie.

She was my favorite side character (followed by ATJ as Ives).

Such a subtle, perfect casting choice.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 2:34 am
She was my favorite side character (followed by ATJ as Ives).

Such a subtle, perfect casting choice.
for side characters, i would even rank her above ATJ, she is just perfect.

But ATJ is very solid as well, i wish to see both of them more in the film.