Aaron Taylor-Johnson as joins the cast of Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
intersteIIarx wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 2:19 am
A Borges man wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 12:51 am
Just browsing the IMDB page for Tenet, and noticed that Aaron Taylor-Johnson's has a character name "junior". Have people mentioned this before? Is this new? So far him and Dourif are the only ones with names...And the names are like something out of a Kojima game.

If the rumors are to be believed, R. PAt's name is Rookie. So we have a Rookie, a Junior, and a Wheeler.
lol was just about to post about this! I swear "junior" wasn't there a few hours ago when I checked IMDb
I'm glad I'm not the only one!

A Borges man wrote:
Just browsing the IMDB page for Tenet, and noticed that Aaron Taylor-Johnson's has a character name "junior". Have people mentioned this before? Is this new? So far him and Dourif are the only ones with names...And the names are like something out of a Kojima game.

If the rumors are to be believed, R. PAt's name is Rookie. So we have a Rookie, a Junior, and a Wheeler.
It's funny, now the name Rookie has disappeared from Pattinson's credit and we have Aaron as Junior. I also think Wheeler isn't a coincidence that it references the interpretation to the sator square being a wheel about time (also reference merry-go-round)

intersteIIarx wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 2:28 am
A Borges man wrote:

It's funny, now the name Rookie has disappeared from Pattinson's credit and we have Aaron as Junior. I also think Wheeler isn't a coincidence that it references the interpretation to the sator square being a wheel about time (also reference merry-go-round)
"Wheeler" definitely feels like Diorif's character will be very linked to the time inversion stuff...but these I am curious about why these names are so literal and obtuse at the same time. I can't imagine these being the actually character names.

Also:
Junior for Aaron Taylor Johnson might fuel the theory that he is a younger Brannagh, or an older version of "Max" (the little boy).

Well... if this all turns out to be true, you can all say to me that you all "told me so", but...
Isn't it a bit far-fetched that a 30-something guy would play the younger version of a 50-something guy? They don't really look alike, and, once again, they're both grown-up men. I feel that people want to look for twists where there wouldn't be many. I'm not really up for the "10-year-old is the younger version of Kenneth Branag" theory either, but the ATJ stuff truly comes off as forced. Once again, I might be completely wrong, so you can have me once the film comes out.

Also, this sator square thing is something I doubt will be part of the film. It was a nice crew gift, but I think that was it.
Also also, don't forget that kind of anyone can edit IMDb (right?).

DHOPW42 wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 2:53 am
Well... if this all turns out to be true, you can all say to me that you all "told me so", but...
Isn't it a bit far-fetched that a 30-something guy would play the younger version of a 50-something guy? They don't really look alike, and, once again, they're both grown-up men. I feel that people want to look for twists where there wouldn't be many. I'm not really up for the "10-year-old is the younger version of Kenneth Branag" theory either, but the ATJ stuff truly comes off as forced. Once again, I might be completely wrong, so you can have me once the film comes out.

Also, this sator square thing is something I doubt will be part of the film. It was a nice crew gift, but I think that was it.
Also also, don't forget that kind of anyone can edit IMDb (right?).
I don't buy the in spoiler mentioned theory, just thought i'd throw it out there because the name was funny in that context. I really, I'm not really a theory person, I'm a wait for the movie and watch it type.

The sator square element I think is just a great thematic jumping off point, it makes sense as like an extra-textual reference. I don't believe it will literally be there in the movie...like imagining John David Washington trying to create a new element with science machines, looks around a room, sees the Saitor square and then comically uses it to balance out the hobble in a machine...I doubt it.