Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Inversion is slowly becoming my favourite track. Such a great build up before he goes out of the airlock. At 2:52 it really hits! :clap: :clap: :clap:

It's interesting that many are pointing out similarities with previous Zimmer/Nolan-tracks, and even if these comparisons are fair, I never thought about them, even after listening to the OST several times already. I think I have a "good ear", so I'm not saying I can't hear those similarities, but the way the whole thing is constructed and presented throughout the film makes it its own thing. To me the OST - and thus, the movie - has a very unique atmosphere that I cannot compare to any other Nolan-flick.

I agree that "experimenting" with new collaborators (composer, editor) on a project of this magnitude might sound like a bit of a gamble, but... you have to start somewhere, right? I am glad Nolan changed things up a bit, even if it is a disappointment for some (I have my issues with the editing in a couple of places, but I can live with it... I mean, I don't have another choice, right?). I think it's important to move on, to "evolve". I don't mind Göransson working on the project at all, and, as I already explained, I love the music in this, wouldn't exchange it for Zimmer.

Vader182 wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 2:08 am
SINCEPTION wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 1:15 am
Is it just me to be disappointed overall by the soundtrack? There are only two tracks that really impressed me.
The prologue.

The track that JDW met Neil the first time which interestingly was used the first when we see Kat meeting her son after school!

The airplane crash really disappointed me.

But the sound editing of the battle scene that was reverted was amazing
I'm not disappointed per se (I've had the OST on repeat as it's very much my shit in general, it's overall very great) but I do think Nolan tackling his most ambitious project with new collaborators in editing and scoring was a mistake.

Frankly, it exposes how much Nolan has relied on Zimmer and Lee Smith to help craft emotional through-lines and visual clarity in his movies for him, especially due to his ultra-loose two takes and check the gate shooting style.

-Vader
wally also delivered high levels of formality / consistency that we -ahem- have not had since

but yea your film is only as good as your crew

KEM
Tarssauce wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 1:29 pm
No US release?

KEM wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 2:51 pm
No US release?
Not listed yet but it’ll be there eventually.

KEM
Tarssauce wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 3:21 pm
KEM wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 2:51 pm
No US release?
Not listed yet but it’ll be there eventually.
Better be!! I will order it immediately, really excited there will be bonus tracks!!

Whoa! Best news of the day! Pre-ordered!

Im wondering if the "Turnstile" track could be the
Olso #2
part we are missing :) That would make me really happy.

And how about that Fast Cars part?
Saving Kat from the car maybe?

Whaaaaat? I hope that will change or wrong info, because that track needs to be there!