Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
KEM wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 6:25 pm
Nomis wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 9:30 am
the talent of this man is something else
The greatest living musician
Are you that Keneth guy who says this about ludwig everywhere on the internet lol?
Mate he's a great composer but he still has a long way to go & he needs to step it up before he even enters the debate. Legends such as Ennio, Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard, John Williams are towering over him. He's even got competition his own age, Justin Hurwitz is a genius. Ludwig is in a great place though, the dynamic he's created with Ryan Coogler & Donald Glover looks very promising.

Yeah, KEM you Ludwig stan... you need to chill LOL.

I think the guy is a genius and his Tenet and The Mandalorian scores are absolutely incredible but come on... He’s got a long way to go. The breakdown of “Trucks In Place” blew my mind but he’s not the first to sample sounds and manipulate them like that.

Personally, I’d love for Zimmer and Goransson to collab on Nolan’s next film but if either one of them gets the job I won’t be complaining. Both are incredible composers.

KEM
You’ll see what I’m saying in 20 years, just wait...

i stand with Kem here, its unfair to compare him with legends that have had full careers, but the ingredients are all there with Ludwig, its quite obvious, the man has such cool influences too.

Tarssauce wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 7:08 pm
Yeah, KEM you Ludwig stan... you need to chill LOL.

I think the guy is a genius and his Tenet and The Mandalorian scores are absolutely incredible but come on... He’s got a long way to go. The breakdown of “Trucks In Place” blew my mind but he’s not the first to sample sounds and manipulate them like that.

Personally, I’d love for Zimmer and Goransson to collab on Nolan’s next film but if either one of them gets the job I won’t be complaining. Both are incredible composers.
Agreed. I think Ludwig's hip-hop background is the fresh element he brings to the table, whether people like that is purely subjective but regardless I feel like he perfectly compliments Coogler's films. Creed was very well done.

But I prefer Zimmer for Nolan's films, he just has this innate ability to hone in directly towards the heart of the film, create this massive intense sound yet very psychological & thoughtful. I think it partly comes from his lack of formal education, which is interesting because Chris also never went to film school. The parallels between these two are insane, in fact the description I gave Hans perfectly applies to Chris's approach to filmmaking as well. Tom Shone highlights this in the book. Match made in heaven.

KEM
Nicolaslabra wrote:
April 20th, 2021, 12:00 am
i stand with Kem here, its unfair to compare him with legends that have had full careers, but the ingredients are all there with Ludwig, its quite obvious, the man has such cool influences too.
Ludwig’s potential is unrivaled by any young composer. And if we’re looking at accolades then let’s not forget that Ludwig has already won an Oscar for best score and a Grammy for best record (in the same year, I might add), he’s also scored a Christopher Nolan movie, a mainline Star Wars story, and a billion dollar Marvel movie, and few platinum albums and chart topping songs with Childish Gambino’s. And he’s ONLY 36, all the other composers he’s compared against are more than double, some almost even triple his age, and he’s already accomplished as much or more than most of them.

Some might not see it not, but Ludwig is 100% going to take over this field, which is exactly why I want to work under him!!

KEM wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 11:26 pm
No one is saying anything bad about Ludwig. He's very talented & we're all looking forward for his career. We're just pointing out the obvious.

Does he have a great foundation for a legendary career? Yes!

Is he surely on the path towards being GOAT? ...Hmm not really..

Take Zimmer for example, by Ludwig's age he had already created Rain Man, which is more revolutionary than anything Ludwig has done thus far. Not to mention Black Rain (which is what made young Chris Nolan a fan), The Lion King etc..

Zimmer came in & flipped the industry on its head, dominated commercially & artistically ever since, & all in all changed the sound of Hollywood forever. Heck the Tenet score wouldn't even exist if not for Zimmer's influence.

Look I love Ludwig, & I appreciate your passion towards his work & hopefully you'll get to work with him one day.. but he has HUUUUUGEE shoes to fill & undermining them is undermining the list of legends that came before him/are with him currently. It's just not the way to go.

321Music wrote:
April 20th, 2021, 12:33 am
KEM wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 11:26 pm
No one is saying anything bad about Ludwig. He's very talented & we're all looking forward for his career. We're just pointing out the obvious.

Does he have a great foundation for a legendary career? Yes!

Is he surely on the path towards being GOAT? ...Hmm not really..

Take Zimmer for example, by Ludwig's age he had already created Rain Man, which is more revolutionary than anything Ludwig has done thus far. Not to mention Black Rain (which is what made young Chris Nolan a fan), The Lion King etc..

Zimmer came in & flipped the industry on its head, dominated commercially & artistically ever since, & all in all changed the sound of Hollywood forever. Heck the Tenet score wouldn't even exist if not for Zimmer's influence.

Look I love Ludwig, & I appreciate your passion towards his work & hopefully you'll get to work with him one day.. but he has HUUUUUGEE shoes to fill & undermining them is undermining the list of legends that came before him/are with him currently. It's just not the way to go.
On the flip side, Ludwig hasn't had the chance to make really uninspired crap like Zimmer has: Dark Pheonix, Fishtales?, even recycling other people's work like Vangelis in Blade Runner 2049, or staying in franchises too long, like why score BVS??? Winter's tale...got any winter's tale stans in the house? I know I get hard as rock when hear his Pearl Harbor score...AMERICA!!! Or maybe the truest example of Zimmer's work: The Amazing Spiderman 2! I almost threw myself into the movie theatre isles laughing when you hear the whisper rapping in that electro track.

Listen: Zimmer is great, he also has some hack tendencies. So does Ludwig...it is inherent to the job. Zimmer's stuff for Nolan has been truly monumental. But, it's time for something new, I think Nolan knows that Zimmer does like 3-4 scores a year and if he hires him it'll make the musical identity of his work less special. The Tenet score rocks, give me more.

First of all, it's the nature of the business. You do know if ludwig is to grow he needs to take on more and more projects right? Or "uninspired crap" as you put it. Wait does Venom ring a bell?
Zimmer was the best part of the movies you mentioned.
How many hip-hop inspired scores can ludwig make before it sounds old? Especially when it comes to Nolan films?
I actually think both of them can reinvent their work & keep it fresh, I'm just showing you the same things you say about Zimmer could be said about Ludwig, and this will only get more true with time as Ludwig's name gets bigger.

At the end of the day, due to Chris's working methods, his film scores will ALWAYS stand out because he encourages experimentation. Something both Zimmer & Goransson excel at. It all comes down to creative synergy & you already know which duo is superior in that regard.

321Music wrote:
April 20th, 2021, 6:07 am
First of all, it's the nature of the business. You do know if ludwig is to grow he needs to take on more and more projects right? Or "uninspired crap" as you put it. Wait does Venom ring a bell?
Zimmer was the best part of the movies you mentioned.
How many hip-hop inspired scores can ludwig make before it sounds old? Especially when it comes to Nolan films?
I actually think both of them can reinvent their work & keep it fresh, I'm just showing you the same things you say about Zimmer could be said about Ludwig, and this will only get more true with time as Ludwig's name gets bigger.

At the end of the day, due to Chris's working methods, his film scores will ALWAYS stand out because he encourages experimentation. Something both Zimmer & Goransson excel at. It all comes down to creative synergy & you already know which duo is superior in that regard.
I mean...after all the shit I said, I have to profess my love for the chappie score. Your right, Ludwig didn't do Chappie. Zimmer 4 life.