Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Me think the Zimmer-Nolan-Lee era is over, we live in a Göransson-Nolan-Lame world now 8-)

Nolan needs fresh blood after a decade of working with Zimmer and Lee. :twothumbsup:

I for one am starting to think Ludwig might be a better fit for the current Chris nolan, experimental, rythmic and electronic, im really really really excited for this score !

But that’s what Zimmer was. It’s not like he went for an extreme opposite to Zimmer’s sound. Tenet doesn’t sound too different from what Zimmer delivered for Nolan (Minus Interstellar which was completely unique).

Tenet seems to be ‘sound’ oriented with a simple theme. Lots of electronics and big drums. Some of those rising strings and drones, add the tempo changing percussion / Risset Rhythm near the end of the prologue is similar to what was done in Dunkirk.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
February 17th, 2020, 12:39 pm
They worked so hard on the score and it paid off - that’s why I think they should’ve won several awards for the score.
That!

Thats why I was really happy QT mentioned it in his podcast saying the score was a major snub at the awards.

I’m not gonna lie, I’m drastically less excited for this film than I was for any of Nolan’s previous films, knowing Hans won’t do the score. Ludwig might do well, but the score was one of the most favorite aspect in each one of Nolan’s latest films, and a huge reason why I love to go back to these movies and watch them over and over again. I’m listening to their soundtrack albums more than I listen to my favorite Kanye West albums, and I f***ing love Kanye West.

They always mutually brought the best out of each other and made the best scores ever while working together. If they won’t return to working together after this one I’ll never recover from that hahah. Nolanism will never be the same. Remember what happened when Coca Cola changed their magic formula :D ?

dvir971 wrote:
February 18th, 2020, 8:06 pm
I’m not gonna lie, I’m drastically less excited for this film than I was for any of Nolan’s previous films, knowing Hans won’t do the score. Ludwig might do well, but the score was one of the most favorite aspect in each one of Nolan’s latest films, and a huge reason why I love to go back to these movies and watch them over and over again. I’m listening to their soundtrack albums more than I listen to my favorite Kanye West albums, and I f***ing love Kanye West.

They always mutually brought the best out of each other and made the best scores ever while working together. If they won’t return to working together after this one I’ll never recover from that hahah. Nolanism will never be the same. Remember what happened when Coca Cola changed their magic formula :D ?
You gotta relax. If you still don’t like the movie too much because of this once you have seen it then there’s that but Hans wasn’t always going to be able to work with Nolan. That’s how it is. Learn to accept it. Don’t go watching Tenet with a predetermined notion that since it won’t be Hans Zimmer doing the score then you probably won’t like it as much as if it had been the other way around. I’ll miss him too but let’s see first what Ludwig can do with Nolan.

:gonf:

dvir971 wrote:

I love Hans Zimmer as well. I was planning to rewatch Inception last weekend but ended up popping in Interstellar instead because I prefer that score! :lol:

I know Zimmer did both, but the point I'm making is that one of the things I love most about Nolan's films is the scores and I will literally watch them just for that. I was bummed when I found out that Zimmer would not work with Nolan on Tenet, but after hearing Ludwig's work in the prologue I am beyond excited. :gonf:

dvir971 wrote:

Have you heard the score of the prologue? I, as well as many other people who wanted Hans to be a part of Tenet, really loved the score and we are obsessed with it.

Posted an earlier version on the fan art page but here’s a modest recreation of the last section of the Prologue cue: