Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
KEM
Janky Sam wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 5:16 pm
Does anyone know the exact piano keys played? 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
G major (G-B-D), C minor (C-Eb-G), D Major (D-F#-A), Eb Major-Major 7 (Eb-G-Bb-D)
How do you figure this out, I get so frustrated trying to figure out harmonies lol

KEM wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 9:09 pm
Janky Sam wrote:
Does anyone know the exact piano keys played? 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
G major (G-B-D), C minor (C-Eb-G), D Major (D-F#-A), Eb Major-Major 7 (Eb-G-Bb-D)
How do you figure this out, I get so frustrated trying to figure out harmonies lol
I usually start with figuring out the bass line and then working out through trial and error what harmonies "fit" above that line while listening closely to chord quality (if it's a major or minor chord that's being played). I also listen for any common tones between chords (like the D in the EbM7 chord that's held over from the D major chord). Seventh chords like the one in this harmonic progression stick out to me because of their relative dissonance.
Luckily, this chord progression sounds pretty tonal in the sense that it has a pretty clear tonic (G) and dominant (D).

KEM
Janky Sam wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 12:08 am
KEM wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 9:09 pm
Janky Sam wrote:

I usually start with figuring out the bass line and then working out through trial and error what harmonies "fit" above that line while listening closely to chord quality (if it's a major or minor chord that's being played). I also listen for any common tones between chords (like the D in the EbM7 chord that's held over from the D major chord). Seventh chords like the one in this harmonic progression stick out to me because of their relative dissonance.
Luckily, this chord progression sounds pretty tonal in the sense that it has a pretty clear tonic (G) and dominant (D).
It is very tonal, the main arp, however, is very not haha. It’s almost chromatic in a way

I have to confess that I was very disappointed initially when it was announced that Goransson is doing the score of Tenet. Not only because Zimmer wouldn't be doing it but I personally didn't like his previous scores so initially I wanted Junkie XL or Max Richter to step on.
A year later, after I've listened to the music in the trailers, I have to say that the score sounds great so far.

Like Zimmer said with Dunkirk, Nolan guided his every move. Nolan really brings out the best in everyone

I am excited to see what he brings to the table

KEM
I was very disappointed when it was first announced Zimmer wasn’t scoring it, I kept trying to guess who’d be the composer, my initial guess was obviously Lorne Balfe as he’d worked extensively on every Zimmer/Nolan film besides Interstellar. When Göransson was announced as the composer I was shocked and honestly very hesitant about it because he didn’t really have the track record to be doing a Nolan film, but the more I thought about it the more it made sense, Ludwig is really leading the charge for the new era of composers, and he’s undoubtably going to take Hans’ place at the top one day, and everything we’ve heard so far is nothing short of incredible, now I’m a huge Ludwig fanboy.

Forum Pro
A part of me wishes that Donald Glover was cast in lead role so that him and Ludwig could do a Gambino song for the film.

Joshua Strong wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 9:19 pm
A part of me wishes that Donald Glover was cast in lead role so that him and Ludwig could do a Gambino song for the film.
that would be awesome

Forum Pro
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
May 25th, 2020, 1:21 am
Joshua Strong wrote:
May 24th, 2020, 9:19 pm
A part of me wishes that Donald Glover was cast in the lead role so that he and Ludwig could do a Gambino song for the film.
that would be awesome
The only thing that could make a $200M+ auteur-driven film better is a soundtrack. Remember when every big summer movie had a soundtrack? And Will Smith always did a track based on whatever film he was in?

I would love to hear Glover rap about time inversion and spy shit.

In case people don't know, Ludwig produces all of Donald Glover/Childish Gambino's music.