Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
KEM
Can’t wait! Ludwig is my idol

I watched Fruitvale Station for the first time a few weeks ago and had no idea he did the score. Whoops. Couldn't tell you if I liked it or not. Anyone have any thoughts on his work for that film?

KEM
marshallmurphy wrote:
August 3rd, 2020, 8:28 pm
I watched Fruitvale Station for the first time a few weeks ago and had no idea he did the score. Whoops. Couldn't tell you if I liked it or not. Anyone have any thoughts on his work for that film?
That was earlier in his career but it still showed great promise, he actually sampled the train going over the tracks where Oscar Grant got shot.

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
July 28th, 2020, 4:15 am
they really should give us something as of now

His interview starts 28 minutes in.

intersteIIarx wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 6:32 am

His interview starts 28 minutes in.
thx, can’t wait to listen

I think they only talked about Tenet at the end of the podcast. Starting at about 1:17:35. Nothing much but Ludwig did mention the process started 3-4 months before the shooting when he would come to Nolan once a week, bringing his work and giving it a listen together

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 7:31 am

I think they only talked about Tenet at the end of the podcast. Starting at about 1:17:35. Nothing much but Ludwig did mention the process started 3-4 months before the shooting when he would come to Nolan once a week, bringing his work and giving it a listen together
I loved his little anecdote of one of the scoring sessions with the orchestra, whilst recording brass and strings, Ludwig wanted to give a note the 3rd horn in measure 23 (bar 23 on the manuscript) for being a little flat. And Nolan was like "actually Ludwig I think it was measure 17" :lol:

intersteIIarx wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 7:39 am
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 7:31 am

I loved his little anecdote of one of the scoring sessions with the orchestra, whilst recording brass and strings, Ludwig wanted to give a note the 3rd horn in measure 23 (bar 23 on the manuscript) for being a little flat. And Nolan was like "actually Ludwig I think it was measure 17" :lol:
yes love that

Hope to get info about the soundtrack release soon. 3 weeks left!