Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
KEM

Is this real? Very different for Nolan but then so were the Julyan scores. Even if it's fake I like it and those reverse-sounding bits are well made.

Not real.

Forum Pro
If ever unsure about legitimacy, just check the YouTube account, subscriber count and listen for clear giveaways. You can hear the Dunkirk spitfires from the trailer the audio was grabbed from and there's no way an account with 417 subs would be the first to drop official score material. Even if it was leaked, there'd be other sources. Still a really cool edit though!

In recent months, Göransson has also been putting his finishing touches on the score for Christopher Nolan’s Tenet—the blockbuster that everyone has been waiting to see, which has had its theatrical release delayed several times over, as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. “I had started on it a year ago, so I was pretty deep into it, and fortunately for everyone, we were able to finish it,” he says. “Most of the music that we created for this movie was music that I could do at my studio and in my computer. I actually brought my studio with me back home, and worked from my bedroom for three months, and it did work out really well.”

Certainly, the composer has had a once-in-a-lifetime experience with Tenet, in more ways than one. Not many composers can say they’ve completed a score in the midst of a pandemic—but then again, who would want to? “It’s definitely been interesting to see how it all develops, and out of everything I’ve worked on, this is definitely an experience that you need to have in the theater. It seems like they’re opening up the theaters internationally first, and I think people need something like this right now. They need to watch something and experience something, to also be able to kind of get away for a little bit,” Göransson says, “and every time I’ve seen this movie, it just blows me away. There’s so many levels to it, and so much to take in. I can’t wait to see how people react to it.”

Starring Robert Pattinson and John David Washington, the film is now set to open overseas in August ahead of its U.S. debut. For Göransson, the takeaway from working with one of the great masters of cinema was to see for himself how much Nolan understands about music. “I know from watching his films how savvy he is with music, how much he understands it, but I didn’t fully know that he could speak about it almost like a trained musician. So, I was blown away by that. And also, just the way that he’s open with experimentation, and pushes me to really try out new things, and things that I maybe would think that people want to hold off on,” he says. “This was like, ‘Let’s try it and see how it works,’ and it was an eye-opening experience.”
https://deadline.com/2020/08/the-mandal ... 203007648/

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 12:11 pm
In recent months, Göransson has also been putting his finishing touches on the score for Christopher Nolan’s Tenet—the blockbuster that everyone has been waiting to see, which has had its theatrical release delayed several times over, as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. “I had started on it a year ago, so I was pretty deep into it, and fortunately for everyone, we were able to finish it,” he says. “Most of the music that we created for this movie was music that I could do at my studio and in my computer. I actually brought my studio with me back home, and worked from my bedroom for three months, and it did work out really well.”

Certainly, the composer has had a once-in-a-lifetime experience with Tenet, in more ways than one. Not many composers can say they’ve completed a score in the midst of a pandemic—but then again, who would want to? “It’s definitely been interesting to see how it all develops, and out of everything I’ve worked on, this is definitely an experience that you need to have in the theater. It seems like they’re opening up the theaters internationally first, and I think people need something like this right now. They need to watch something and experience something, to also be able to kind of get away for a little bit,” Göransson says, “and every time I’ve seen this movie, it just blows me away. There’s so many levels to it, and so much to take in. I can’t wait to see how people react to it.”

Starring Robert Pattinson and John David Washington, the film is now set to open overseas in August ahead of its U.S. debut. For Göransson, the takeaway from working with one of the great masters of cinema was to see for himself how much Nolan understands about music. “I know from watching his films how savvy he is with music, how much he understands it, but I didn’t fully know that he could speak about it almost like a trained musician. So, I was blown away by that. And also, just the way that he’s open with experimentation, and pushes me to really try out new things, and things that I maybe would think that people want to hold off on,” he says. “This was like, ‘Let’s try it and see how it works,’ and it was an eye-opening experience.”
https://deadline.com/2020/08/the-mandal ... 203007648/

How exciting
Last edited by Nomis on August 12th, 2020, 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

I remember that before Interstellar, one track from soundtrack leaked. It hyped us even more.
Is this possible this time?

KEM
I hope they give us at least one track before the film opens up

It wasn’t a leak. They gave one demo/suite (Day One Dark) to movietickets (I think) so people who bought the tickets through them received it.

The soundtrack came out almost two after the movie which was unusual.

We are getting very close to the premiere and still no pre-orders of the score. They would surely know by know when they can release it no?