Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
anikom15 wrote:
March 24th, 2019, 12:02 pm
Sharkboy wrote:
March 24th, 2019, 6:27 am
anikom15 wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 2:24 pm

Lol who is this noob?
Someone who clearly knows a lot more than you if you blindly think that Nolan HAS to go with Zimmer all the time and can't evolve the look and sound of what he does one bit. Two words for you; Wally Pfister.

For the record I'd prefer Zimmer, but there are other amazing composers I'd love Nolan to work with.
Wow, you really are a Nolan expert!
:lol:
Last edited by cclem on April 8th, 2019, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zimmer, on Interstellar / composition / methodology / creative process

"We didn’t tell them a story because we never tell you a story, but we tell them the subtext, where these notes fit into the tapestry of this film."

What kind of subtext?

"The way Chris approached me with this letter, and the trick he pulled on me by writing about a father and a son – I have a son, Jake, whose ambition is to become a scientist. There were lots of biographical breadcrumbs that he had put into this thing. Actually Jake was one of the first people to see the film, which was great, sitting next to the person I had written about."

These guys are fam. No way it's anyone but Zim. He's going to bring the heat. 8-)

https://www.indiewire.com/2015/02/hans- ... ss-188867/

Even if I really love the collaboration between Nolan and Zimmer, a part of me says that Zimmer will not composing this new one, and in a certain way, (if it's true) this kind of change and renewed excites me a lot (the editor for a start) ! Nolan loves challenges, working with a new crew can be a sign that it will be very different for this project.

Nolan62 wrote:
April 8th, 2019, 7:23 am
Even if I really love the collaboration between Nolan and Zimmer, a part of me says that Zimmer will not composing this new one, and in a certain way, (if it's true) this kind of change and renewed excites me a lot (the editor for a start) ! Nolan loves challenges, working with a new crew can be a sign that it will be very different for this project.
It is certainly possible. I found another quote from you on this. You probably believe he will score it, but you want someone fresh. I get it, but remember - Zimmer always brings a fresh tone. I feel like he has done a phenomenal job separating the feel between films like TDK, Interstellar, Dunkirk, Prestige, and so on. It always sounds very differentiated. Many composers tend mimic sound over several films, even in differing genres. They will use the same FX and instruments/keys in suspenseful moments, etc. Zimmer is a master at avoiding this. I'm beating a dead horse; but the guys CV is unreal. Going all the way back to movies like Gladiator/MI:2. If this film is as big as the rumors are saying, it feels like he's the man for the job. Even if there are some heavy hitters right on his tail deserving of a chance to work with Chris.

P.S. Also praying for Hoytema to return. 8-)
Nolan62 wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 8:31 am
I personaly think Zimmer will scoring this new project, Nolan work under the radars since a long time now^^ so they can already have worked together since months on preparing the score, but seeing Nolan working with an other composer would be also great for me and refreshing too.

I just hope that Hoytema will reunite with him after what they achieved with Interstellar and Dunkirk.

Let's hope so

Zimmer has been on auto pilot for years now outside of working with Nolan.

He himself has described Nolan being a co-composer on both Interstellar and Dunkirk.

Nolan is the one guiding his hand. It wouldn't be the end of the world if he didn't return.

“Hans has been a huge influence on me. I’ve learned so much from him. The music aside, also just his general work ethic is absolutely incredible, just the way he structures his projects, the way he approaches big projects. The organization of how to keep track of all the music he has to write. He has the overview of the story, but what do you want to achieve? There’s all these other things, aside from music, that I had the pleasure of—to learn from it, and see how he does it.”

Interesting read on Ramin Djawadi of Game of Thrones and Westworld. I loved the resonance of WW. Kind of forgot about it actually, but this reminded me.
https://www.theringer.com/tv/2019/4/4/1 ... experience

Come to think about it, could Ramin Djawadi be a good replacement if Zimmer for some reason isn't available here?

User of Interest wrote:
April 8th, 2019, 5:43 pm
Come to think about it, could Ramin Djawadi be a good replacement if Zimmer for some reason isn't available here?
i mean... gestures at everything in general

Ramin and Lorne have both written for Nolan films before, so they’re interesting safeties. I just can’t imagine Zimmer prioritizing another film or director over Nolan. So if Zimmer isn’t back, I would argue it’s because the Zimmer sound isn’t appropriate, and Nolan isnt going to hire one of his protégés.