Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
A Borges man wrote:
April 20th, 2021, 9:44 am
I mean...after all the shit I said, I have to profess my love for the chappie score. Your right, Ludwig didn't do Chappie. Zimmer 4 life.
Lol, honestly I never watched it nor heard the score yet.

A Borges man wrote:
I mean...after all the shit I said, I have to profess my love for the chappie score. Your right, Ludwig didn't do Chappie. Zimmer 4 life.
321Music wrote:
April 20th, 2021, 10:47 am
You missed out. Give it a watch, it's dumb, but I had a good time.

A Borges man wrote:
April 20th, 2021, 11:35 am
A Borges man wrote:
321Music wrote:
April 20th, 2021, 10:47 am
You missed out. Give it a watch, it's dumb, but I had a good time.

Sounds good, will do.

My God, the last two pages made me roll my eyes so hard. Uninspired crap? Dark Phoenix is literally one of Zimmer’s best work like ever. Almost everyone who disliked the film praised his score.

Blade Runner 2049 was far from a recycled Vangelis score. The only common thing between the two scores is the CS-80 and “Tears in the Rain”.

BvS is also one of his best scores where he twisted his uplifting Superman theme into a dark version of the theme, created a new Batman theme, a theme for Lex Luthor and an iconic theme for Wonder Woman. All of the new themes were great.

Zimmer helped create the sound of a Nolan movie. Hell, even Ludwig admitted that Batman Begins had a huge influence on him. Zimmer making 4 scores a year won’t make Nolan’s sound less special. Nolan is heavily involved and knows exactly what he wants.

This doesn’t diminish Ludwig’s talent.

Tarssauce wrote:
April 20th, 2021, 5:15 pm
My God, the last two pages made me roll my eyes so hard. Uninspired crap? Dark Phoenix is literally one of Zimmer’s best work like ever. Almost everyone who disliked the film praised his score.

Blade Runner 2049 was far from a recycled Vangelis score. The only common thing between the two scores is the CS-80 and “Tears in the Rain”.

BvS is also one of his best scores where he twisted his uplifting Superman theme into a dark version of the theme, created a new Batman theme, a theme for Lex Luthor and an iconic theme for Wonder Woman. All of the new themes were great.

Zimmer helped create the sound of a Nolan movie. Hell, even Ludwig admitted that Batman Begins had a huge influence on him. Zimmer making 4 scores a year won’t make Nolan’s sound less special. Nolan is heavily involved and knows exactly what he wants.

This doesn’t diminish Ludwig’s talent.
THANK YOU!
Took the words right out of my damn mind.

in the end i think we all agree that Julian, Zimmer, Howard and Goransson have all brought their A game with Chris, cant deny it.

321Music wrote:
April 20th, 2021, 12:13 am

But I prefer Zimmer for Nolan's films, he just has this innate ability to hone in directly towards the heart of the film, create this massive intense sound yet very psychological & thoughtful. I think it partly comes from his lack of formal education, which is interesting because Chris also never went to film school. The parallels between these two are insane, in fact the description I gave Hans perfectly applies to Chris's approach to filmmaking as well. Tom Shone highlights this in the book. Match made in heaven.
Well said! The parallels are insane indeed.

Ludwig is outstanding & I'm definitely a fan, but Chris & Hans will always be the gold standard. As Tarssauce said before me, Zimmer helped create the sound of Nolan's films. The larger than life soundscape in Batman Begins is groundbreaking & set the standard for future films.

Reading about their working method is very interesting. Insanely synergistic & they push each other to new heights.

KEM
Really great video here:

KEM wrote:
April 25th, 2021, 8:25 am
Really great video here:

Pretty good video, but there were a couple parts where I felt like he could have explained things in a better way.

Like instead of describing the guitar line as "3/16," I think it would make more sense to just say it supports the 3/8 beat but with duple divisions (there's duple and triple divisions of the beat occurring at the same time). The faster subdivisions are cool, but they're kind of a tangential point of discussion and don't really play a significant role in reinforcing the 3/8 beat, which is the focus here. Also, when he points out the "first musical element that supports the host," it's a different 4/4 pulse than the one he initially presents (which is half-speed).

He obviously understands how everything fits together, but I feel like he could have presented the information in a slightly more detailed way, which would have made it clearer. 

aww man, blocked in my country : /