Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
KEM
Nicolaslabra wrote:
April 16th, 2021, 10:06 pm
im honestly more pumped for the idea of Ludwig being Nolan`s new ally, sort of like Hoyte, and i hope Lame continues too, Ludwig`s contributions feel so fresh, they bring a new color to the Nolan formula, i also feel that the fact that Dunkirk`s soundtrack wasnt made solely by Hans like interstellar shows that he isnt that much into his work relationship with Chris, and i confess i was fearing their super long relationship might spawn some sort of artistic complacency
Well to be fair, no score is made by one person, they all have assistant composers, and if you look at any of Hans’ scores they’re all heavily involved in all the cues, but Ludwig is definitely a much more refreshing voice and should stick with Nolan no doubt

Nicolaslabra wrote:
im honestly more pumped for the idea of Ludwig being Nolan`s new ally, sort of like Hoyte, and i hope Lame continues too, Ludwig`s contributions feel so fresh, they bring a new color to the Nolan formula, i also feel that the fact that Dunkirk`s soundtrack wasnt made solely by Hans like interstellar shows that he isnt that much into his work relationship with Chris, and i confess i was fearing their super long relationship might spawn some sort of artistic complacency
Scoring films is a collaborative effort, and Dunkirk was an extremely laborious film score to make. Hans admitted it was the hardest movie he ever worked on & Chris also spoke about the amount of work it took. So no, there is no complacency here. Quite the opposite in fact.

As for the fresh element, every time a new collaborator is brought on he/she brings something fresh, and it's thoroughly enjoyable, but that doesn't mean it's preferable long term. It's like when Spielberg works with Thomas Newman, Thomas brings a fresh element to Steven's work but John Williams will always be Steven's main collaborator.

There's this false notion that Nolan abandons his lifelong collaborators once he works with new people. It isn't true. Wally Pfister retired from cinematography & went on to pursue directing, Chris didn't just leave him. Nathan Crowley wasn't available for Inception, Chris brought in Hendrix instead. Hendrix did a mind-blowing job & won awards for his work. Yet Chris has brought back Nathan for every subsequent film.

I'm glad Chris got to work with Ludwig & Hans with Denis. All four of them are top level talent & after the tension of Dunkirk it's a well needed break for Chris & Hans. They got to have a new experience & learn new stuff. It's like a refresh button for their collaboration if/when they reunite. This way their work can remain innovative & not get old. Also this was a huge opportunity for Ludwig, who can now go on to do big things as well.

It's a win for everyone involved.

I feel like there 's an alternate universe where Jóhann Jóhannsson didn't die (the composer for prisoners sicario and arrival) he was Dennis Villeneuve's main composer.
He would have definitely done Blade Runner and Dune So Hans Zimmer would have definitely done Tenet. I wonder what Hans Zimmer's Tenet soundtrack would sound like.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
Interstellar was a special case. Hans collaborating with other composers on Dunkirk isn’t new. He’s been doing it since Batman Begins. He writes the themes and allows his team to play with these ideas and sometimes they bring their own new ideas.

But Dunkirk was a huge challenge and Zimmer having a tour plan didn’t help. It took longer to finish it than they expected and Nolan pushing for the “Shepard tone” approach is probably what caused the two to take a break.

Pr0creation wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 3:55 pm
I feel like there 's an alternate universe where Jóhann Jóhannsson didn't die (the composer for prisoners sicario and arrival) he was Dennis Villeneuve's main composer.
He would have definitely done Blade Runner and Dune So Hans Zimmer would have definitely done Tenet. I wonder what Hans Zimmer's Tenet soundtrack would sound like.
Zimmer and Wallfisch replaced Jóhannsson on BR2049 before his death tho. Even the movie came out before his death.

KEM
natalie wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 10:11 pm
What he showed about Trucks in Place blew my mind

the talent of this man is something else

KEM
Nomis wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 9:30 am
the talent of this man is something else
The greatest living musician