Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.

Forum Pro
Has anyone come across anything about a physical release?

Tarssauce wrote:
September 4th, 2020, 10:37 pm
That was such a cool interview. If you reverse “Meeting Neil” you could actually hear The Protagonist’s theme! Ludwig, you fucking genius.
:clap:

My top 5 tracks at the moment:

1. Betrayal
2. Meeting Neil
3. 747
4. Rainy Night in Tallinn
5. Trucks in Place

Tarssauce wrote:
September 4th, 2020, 3:19 pm
I personally did not hear anything any specific influences thematically from those scores mentioned.

Ludwig and Nolan borrow a lot from Dunkirk in particular with the sound design focused approach. But thematically, the score relies heavily on Ludwig’s main theme - you literally gear it in almost all tracks.

Gotta say, the brass in “747” reminds me a lot of Lorne Balfe’s work on fallout. And the theme variation in “Windmills”, “Inversion” and “The Protagonist” reminds me of Zimmer’s work (Angels & Demons, Man of Steel and Dark Phoenix) - I’m talking about the chord progression here.
I can't remember which cue, but there are some straight up temp from The Dark Knight, especially the melancholy parts of "Why So Serious."

Posterity, Protagonist, Algorythm, Foils and From Mumbai to Amalfi would be my favourites.
Rainy night, Trucks in place, Betrayal and Windmills are very cool too.
Sator is quite disturbing.
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 2:31 am
the score feels better when i am only listening to him than it in the film... am I the only one lol
It grew on me during second viewing and when I listened to it afterwards, which I now do almost all day. On first viewing, it was very good with the film, but I didn't remember any themes, nor was impatient to hear any theme again on Youtube.

I hope this is not too controversial... but this might end up as my favorite Nolan score. There are so many great tracks with amazing moments.

DHOPW42 wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 2:49 pm
I hope this is not too controversial... but this might end up as my favorite Nolan score. There are so many great tracks with amazing moments.
It shouldn’t be controversial. If it ends up being your favorite then good for you.

DHOPW42 wrote:
For me it has already ended up as my favorite. I'm whistling the Tenet theme since the premiere. For some reason both the score and film itself Tenet and Interstellar are my top2.

KEM
DHOPW42 wrote:
Easily my favorite film score ever