Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
wow

hotsauce32 wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 1:52 am
raimibonn wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 1:43 am
KingOfTheNorth wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 1:28 am
Just got out of the movie....the score was amazing, and this is coming from a Zimmer fan
Anyone team Desplat here? :wave:
Love his work, but I’m still salty he was given the Best Score Oscar for “Grand Budapest” over Zimmer’s score for “Interstellar” :facepalm:
oh yes! sice this i hate him :D:D what a day...god...

PM please :gonf:

hotsauce32 wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 1:52 am
Love his work, but I’m still salty he was given the Best Score Oscar for “Grand Budapest” over Zimmer’s score for “Interstellar” :facepalm:
His GBH score is quirky and magical, all of it, I listen to all tracks almost everyday. Meanwhile, we've got a couple of goosebumps-inducing tracks from Zimmer's Interstellar score, other tracks in it aren't so memorable.

Ludwig on the other hand, is very innovative. His Mandalorian score is beautiful!

KEM
Ludwig >>> everyone ever

DarkChocolateOreo wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 1:42 am
badbu wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 1:35 am

it's a good score but not the best. No one can replace hans. hans scores are so emotional and this one is not.
i hope hans is coming back :)
True...so true. There was 0 emotion in the score. Random piano comes in 90% of the way thru and then random fingerstyle acoustic guitar at the denouement like...how does in any world that compare to Time by HZ? Score was messy and all action...yes, It was good compared to an average movie but not a Z/N collab
a theme along the lines of time at the end of TENET would not work. lol the movie was almost all action.

KEM
DarkChocolateOreo wrote:
badbu wrote:

it's a good score but not the best. No one can replace hans. hans scores are so emotional and this one is not.
True...so true. There was 0 emotion in the score. Random piano comes in 90% of the way thru and then random fingerstyle acoustic guitar at the denouement like...how does in any world that compare to Time by HZ? Score was messy and all action...yes, It was good compared to an average movie but not a Z/N collab
I disagree, “emotional” doesn’t only mean “sad”, the scenes with Kat and Max have a lot of that kind of somberness in them, and the scenes of Sator showing how evil he can be have a ton of aggression in the music, there’s emotion when there needs to be, but this film is not emotional like Inception is and therefore doesn’t require that type of musical language.

DarkChocolateOreo wrote:
badbu wrote:

Time by zimmer is overrated.

DarkChocolateOreo wrote:
badbu wrote:

Respectfully disagree also. There was no acoustic guitar either, at the end there was electric guitar that was present since the opening scene

KingOfTheNorth wrote:
September 1st, 2020, 2:45 am
DarkChocolateOreo wrote:
badbu wrote:

a theme along the lines of time at the end of TENET would not work. lol the movie was almost all action.
disagree.
the scene at the end with neil and the protagonist is pure emotions.
but the cue is not...
Last edited by Nomis on September 1st, 2020, 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spoilers