Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Robin wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 9:40 am
Seen the film twice but I was not really prepared for how impressive the soundtrack is on its own. Not the biggest Göransson fan, but this was good stuff.

It may be a bit too "Hans ZImmer-light" in the long run, but I enjoyed it.

Edit: Ahaa, I thought the soundtrack was published online for everyone, I just listened from a link that is now gone.
See, I know people (me included) has great love for Zimmer, but then I listened to rainy night in talinn and there’s nothing anyone-lite about it, it really does feel like it’s own beast, and it is a beast.

Forum Pro
Can someone PM me if they got it?

badbu wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 12:33 pm
KEM wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 12:28 pm
badbu wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 12:26 pm
ah this one.
was it in the film? I‘m not sure...i think it was a different version in the film
Won’t see the film for the first time until later today, but Tars did say it plays during Eagle Mountain, so we all assumed it would be in Posterity but it’s nowhere to be found, I really wanted to hear that too...
i think it was not in the film but I’m not 100% sure
Saw it 3 times, it is in the eagle mountain sequence but very faint, you can barely make it out.

Hi everyone,

Can someone PM me if you have Rainy night in Tallinn?

I would love to listen to that number in high quality.

If anyone has the link, can you please PM? :gonf:

Sharkboy wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 12:53 pm
badbu wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 12:33 pm
KEM wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 12:28 pm

Won’t see the film for the first time until later today, but Tars did say it plays during Eagle Mountain, so we all assumed it would be in Posterity but it’s nowhere to be found, I really wanted to hear that too...
i think it was not in the film but I’m not 100% sure
Saw it 3 times, it is in the eagle mountain sequence but very faint, you can barely make it out.
Also plays during the end of the sailing sequence, funnily enough. I know because I was listening specifically for this piece. I remember feeling like it wasn't a particularly good fit for that part of the film, but only because I had been expecting to hear it during a big climactic moment instead (which you still do).

When Kat and JDW are in the restaurant and Kat is talking about her past & the vietnam vacation. You guys already know the name of the song? It's the only emotional track of the score and I like it very much.

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 1:13 pm
When Kat and JDW are in the restaurant and Kat is talking about her past & the vietnam vacation. You guys already know the name of the song? It's the only emotional track of the score and I like it very much.
Betrayal
one of my favorite cues as well.

So far I can remember two specific cues missing.
There’s a cue after “Trucks in Place” with a Dunkirk like Risset Rhythm. When Kat is trapped in the car.
There’s also the cue when they go back to the turnstile in Oslo. It has a synth sound that was used right before the sizzle reel in the prologue.
There was also a cue before 747 - partially used in the December trailer.
Last edited by Tarssauce on August 31st, 2020, 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

X-MementoMori-X wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 1:13 pm
must be betrayal

KEM
We need the complete score!!!