Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Collins wrote:
August 27th, 2020, 2:22 am
Trailer one is also in the movie
I was actually consciously waiting for it to play but I didn’t notice it. By trailer 1 you mean F2, right?

2.5 hours until my second viewing.

Tarssauce wrote:
August 27th, 2020, 5:32 am
Collins wrote:
August 27th, 2020, 2:22 am
Trailer one is also in the movie
I was actually consciously waiting for it to play but I didn’t notice it. By trailer 1 you mean F2, right?

2.5 hours until my second viewing.
I mean the trailer of décembre.

Seeing Tenet w second in a better theater made me love the score even more. Made a huge difference. This a cue in this, with the cinematography that looks like something out of a classic spy movie. So, so good. Could be the track “Foils”.
Collins wrote:
August 27th, 2020, 5:57 am
Actually you are 50% right lol.
The synth flaps in the F2 trailer are in the prologue cue. Another part is used in the first Freeport scene. Not as prominent as the trailer track though
KEM wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 9:07 pm
Please tell me the music in the Eagle Mountain sequences is insane, and if you remember, where does the music from 2:45 in the final trailer play in the movie? (I hope Eagle Mountain lol)
And I was wrong lol. It was used in the Eagle Mountain section.

KEM
Tarssauce wrote:
August 27th, 2020, 11:29 am
Seeing Tenet w second in a better theater made me love the score even more. Made a huge difference. This a cue in this, with the cinematography that looks like something out of a classic spy movie. So, so good. Could be the track “Foils”.
Collins wrote:
August 27th, 2020, 5:57 am
Actually you are 50% right lol.
The synth flaps in the F2 trailer are in the prologue cue. Another part is used in the first Freeport scene. Not as prominent as the trailer track though
KEM wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 9:07 pm
Please tell me the music in the Eagle Mountain sequences is insane, and if you remember, where does the music from 2:45 in the final trailer play in the movie? (I hope Eagle Mountain lol)
And I was wrong lol. It was used in the Eagle Mountain section.
Thank god!! It matched so perfectly with the Eagle Mountain shots in the final trailer, glad to hear they’re together in the film as well!!

It was brief though. Also loved how Ludwig carried on from Zimmer and actually used Shepard tones and Risset rhythms in this.

It seems that the album is in chronological order. But the title of the first track makes no sense.
No such scene exists lol

KEM
Tarssauce wrote:
August 27th, 2020, 12:11 pm
It was brief though. Also loved how Ludwig carried on from Zimmer and actually used Shepard tones and Risset rhythms in this.

It seems that the album is in chronological order. But the title of the first track makes no sense.
No such scene exists lol
Yeah I was very confused by that as well haha, what track do you think will be the Eagle Mountain scene then?

KEM wrote:
August 27th, 2020, 12:22 pm
Yeah I was very confused by that as well haha, what track do you think will be the Eagle Mountain scene then?
Posterity is probably it.
Edit: Having seen it three times now I really think the score is absolutely phenomenal. Kat’s theme is simple but effective. They added something to the prologue cue and you could really feel the bass in that section. Ludwig nailed.

I literally thought of this while watching the film: nights in Tallinn are quite short and during summer there are days with the sun is out at night. The title kinda makes sense but it’s Kiev not Tallinn.
Last edited by Tarssauce on August 27th, 2020, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

it’s early but for those who have watched the film, is the Oscar nom a given?

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
August 27th, 2020, 7:52 pm
it’s early but for those who have watched the film, is the Oscar nom a given?
For visual effects only.

Here's a preview of the score, it's excellent.