Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
Tenetdrome wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 12:20 am
Oku wrote:
December 20th, 2019, 12:10 am
Not really feeling the music in the trailer, assuming of course that it is composed by him and not just licensed trailer music.

When it was announced, I was super excited, but now that the reality of no Mr. Zimmer has hit me, I'm not so sure...

I hope the music in the final film has melodic and musical parts, and isn't just drone-y throughout.
I’m nobody’s expert, but it sounds like Inception to me. I’m wary of a narrative forming online of this film being Inception 0.5. I hope Ludwig has something more distinctive up his sleeve. People who have watched the Prologue: does the music in it give you a different vibe from the trailer?
Trust me, I saw the trailer before the prologue and had similar thoughts. The music in the prologue is truly as incredible as people have been saying on here. There are aspects of it that seem connected to the trailer music (especially the teaser a couple months back), but it's much more dynamic and fits well with what's going on. The prologue music has similarities to Inception, but it's distinct at the same time. Sorry if that's confusing.

Long story short, it's similar but it builds and is much better.

Yeah, the prologue music is definitely better than in the trailer. Even with the crappy audio.

Oku
That is reassuring to hear, thanks guys

When will the soundtrack release ?

About the Inception sound, i can buy it, some elements are there, like the electronic rythm section, synths and electric guitar, but in a more sinister tone here, im really really digging this, its the kind of sound that fits this style the most, probably im biased because of my musical tastes, im a big fan of Radiohead, specially their late work, and Thom Yorke`s solo stuff, Ludwig has some very similar Tonal and Rythmic sensibilities and i love how it works here, im suuuper pumped for the official soundtrack ! ! !

Yup trailer 1 2 and prologue all have the same vibe....and it is amazing. Just got out of TROS in 70mm which showed the prologue. The sound is AMAZING....music was perfect. and the guitars at the end were very interesting.

I’m glad the teaser featured Ludwig’s work. Yes, I was sad that Zimmer is not composing this - when it was first announced - but I think the score will be great.

That synth arpeggio and the drum hits are just so good. The theme at the end of the prologue with the sizzle is also good.

The soundtrack in the prologue is so haunting. Especially the sizzle reel. Damn that's good.

Agree with you guys completely. That sizzle reel music has me pumped.

So many times I skipped to the sizzle reel just to hear that score. Its really something.