Ludwig Göransson will compose Tenet

Christopher Nolan's time inverting spy film that follows a protagonist fighting for the survival of the entire world.
I live Zimmer and his collaborators, but I would not be shocked if Nolan goes for someone different this time, particularly if HZ’s schedule is too packed to make it work. Similar to how we have a new editor who hasn’t worked on such a big film before, perhaps Nolan will want to hire someone with something to prove, and not just copy himself.

I don’t really understand why a lot of people think he’ll change his team completely just because he’s working with a new editor. Lee Smith is not attached to this film because of his prior commitment to Sam Mendes’ film, which is probably a really big editing job.
Last edited by Tarssauce on April 10th, 2019, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Speculation is fun and all, but I still just don't see how Zimmer isn't involved.

TeddyBlass wrote:
April 10th, 2019, 6:35 pm
Speculation is fun and all, but I still just don't see how Zimmer isn't involved.
yes but what else is there to talk about right now lol

Well, this topic really started because Zimmer's schedule is pretty packed for the next year. I think it's really a question of, Is it even possible for him to do Nolan's next film?

Dune (2020)
Top Gun: Maverick (2020)
Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)
SpongeBob: It's a Wonderful Sponge (2020)

I think it boils down to how far in advance he begins work on projects. I know with Inception for example, he was writing music when they started filming. And he had the themes for Interstellar before filming even began.

So who knows, maybe he's writing music for this right now as we speak, lol.

In 2011 & 2013 he composed 5 films in one year, don't see why he can't do it again in 2020.

2011:
-Rango
- Pirates of the Caribbean 4
- Kung Fu Panda 2
- The Dilemma
- Sherlock Holmes 2

2013:
-Rush
-Man of Steel
-The Lone Ranger
-Mr Morgan's Last Love
-12 Years A Slave

Also don't forget he's been working on WW 1984 since August 2018. That movie was supposed to be released this year. I'm sure he's done with most of the music in that movie.

Zimmer will find room in his schedule.

The speculation should be based around the style, tone, and resonance he will create in the film based on what is currently known.
Last edited by cclem on April 17th, 2019, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Not that I want this to feel like a Bond film per say, but there are a couple of epic, almost menacingly building Thomas Newman tracks from Skyfall that feel like they could be on a similar wavelength to the globe-trotting, adventurous, mind bending nature we might come to expect from this film.

cclem wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 1:27 pm
Not that I want this to feel like a Bond film per say, but there are a couple of epic, almost menacingly building Thomas Newman tracks from Skyfall that feel like they could be on a similar wavelength to the globe-trotting, adventurous, mind bending nature we might come to expect from this film.

Newman's work on the Craig bonds are severely underrated.